Information Security Project Manager
About adeoye abodunrin:
David Adeoye Abodunrin (CSM, CSPO, PMP)
MBA – Hult International Business School (Sept 2021)
MSC– (Cyber Security, Cyber Threat Intelligence & Cyber Forensics – Sept 2022
Seasoned information security and Project management professional with over 12 years of experience in the technology industry. Proven ability to develop and implement security strategy, manage projects, and lead teams. Passionate about Information Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability, PMOs, Program/Project Management, data protection, risk assessment, and compliance for best practice, business, and environmental sustenance & profitability.
With experience across industries and functions, I have managed PMOs, complex projects and programs, participated in recognized assessments, audits and compliance projects. I am highly analytical and result oriented. I am passionate about helping organizations achieve their Program/Project Objectives, Information security objectives and high-level corporate goals.
Excellent Working knowledge of industry security standards and frameworks such as, ISO 27001, MITRE, Cyber Essentials and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
Excellent Working Knowledge of Project Management Tools, Techniques & methodologies, such as PMI, PRINCE 2 and Agile with in-depth mastery of Program & Project management.
Excellent ability to understand, crystallize, document & facilitate Project/Program Requirements across functions with clarity and the ability to communicate same to Technology/cybersecurity implementation teams to manage risks, organize activities, manage dependencies, manage tasks and report status effectively for Program/Project Success, Profitability and Benefits realization.
Good knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection such as GDPR and Data Protection Act with ability to Identify and discuss legal and ethical issues around Malware attacks and Cyber intrusion.
Thorough understanding of Cyber Threat Intelligence and Cyber Forensics Processes and Tools like FTK Imager, HEX Editor, Autopsy, Steganography, Dagah, etc. with basic understanding of the process to analyze advanced cyber intrusion attacks and malware campaigns.
Basic understanding of managing cyber intelligence to build profiles of different adversary groups, defend against future malware intrusions, understanding of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), malware campaigns and understanding of malicious software through multiple analysis techniques like MITRE etc.
Functional Understanding of end-to-end information security policies, organization landscape threat mapping and analysis, Threat and vulnerabilities vectoring, modeling & Profiling, information security procedures, controls, and risk management.
Excellent ability to document and communicate threat reports, audit plans & reports in finite terms with adequate written and oral communication skills (which include the ability to adjust communication style/content to interact with diverse group of stakeholders, IT and business professionals, senior management & Clients)
From April 2022 – Present
Information Security Project Manager | CYBARIK LIMITED UK
- Managed the implementation of security projects (budgeting and scheduling for each project) comprising a team of 6 project managers and 12 security analysts to implement new security controls at client sites using ISO2700 and NIST.
- Developed a new process for tracking progress on projects, reducing time spent by 50% using the Schedule Performance Indicator (SPI) and Cost Performance Indicator (CPI) approach.
- Created documentation for all implemented security controls as well as procedures for future implementations.
- Presented findings from assessments to clients in both written and oral format with graphics where applicable.
- Conducted risk assessments to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities in company infrastructure and Improve policies, standards and procedures for compliance frameworks
- Documenting, finalizing audit reports and providing recommendations to findings and action owners and Identifying opportunities for continual improvement within the ISMS and Developed a comprehensive training program that educated employees on best practices when it comes to security
- Investigated, assessed, and provided advice on any additional controls or communications that may be required to address new threats.
- Developed strategies and plans with the information security leadership to implement security requirements and deal with security risks that were identified.
- Served as a technical lead and point of escalation when resolving issues arising from the Security Team's monitoring activities.
- Collaborated with Regional team leads of clients closely to identify, pick, and implement technical controls with the Regional Infrastructure Group, IT Support departments, and information security team members.
- Aided in coordinating and finishing the documentation for information security operations.
- Raised information security awareness by collaborating with the leadership, HR, and consulting teams.
- Worked together on IT projects to make sure security issues, risks and dependencies were acted upon throughout the project life cycle using RAID and other PM visibility tools & Dashboards
- Collaborated with other departments (e.g., IT, HR) to ensure all projects were completed successfully and Working alongside the security risk assessment team to identify and document any risks that are discovered.
- Performed control and vulnerability assessments in collaboration with the team to determine controls, identify flaws, evaluate the efficacy of the current controls, and suggest corrective measures.
- Undertaking scheduled and ad-hoc audits with internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and develop audit scopes for key technology across the group and developing and testing a robust risk and compliance tool.
- Participating in the development, review, and dissemination of information security awareness communication within the organization and for clients.
Nov 2015 - Dec 2020
Agile Coach / Program Director, Business Advisory &Technology Operations | CUBED INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
- Led Certified Scrum Masters & Product Owners to develop and implement technology initiatives and solutions by deploying Agile methodology across all Projects that enabled the Company to compete more vigorously and more profitably in the constantly changing and competitive marketplace. This was used to translate & transform the company vision into Technology requirements, systems, and procedures, articulating this critical link to the company stakeholders including the Clients, Executive Team, staff and employees.
- Led and managed the Cybersecurity Project Implementation teams, managing them for Client and value delivery by ensuring that business needs and objectives are met in a nonthreatening manner and in a safe way that led to between (25 -40) % profitability across projects
- Translated Client business needs into system solutions requirements for Project Execution and Engineering teams for Execution. This significantly reduced waste and project turnaround times by and average of 25% across all projects.
- Managed cross-functional Program delivery utilizing inter & intra functional collaboration by leading, motivating, and developing all staff within the Technology teams & Operations group; ensuring the organizational structure is appropriate for supporting current and future business needs, clients and stakeholders.
- Developed and monitored all project plans, budgets, risk registers, stakeholder requirements, quality requirements, in light of internal Technology work needs and operating units’ approved projects.
From May 2012 – October 2015
Project Management Director | Insight Communications/Troyka Group
- Established standardized models for program deliverables, increasing the accuracy of implementation costs and reducing the cycle time by over 50% for clients’ solution delivery.
- Took part in identifying and including all stakeholders, as well as creating and implementing a suitable plan for communication.
- Took the lead in securing investment through the provision of estimates to support the business case, including resources, time, costs, risks, issues, dependencies, and assumptions.
- Cooperated with all key stakeholders who are in charge of the pertinent business case documents
- Lead the initiative teams to deliver in accordance with the determined time, cost, and quality metrics
- Organized projects according to the established methodology.
- Assumed the role of systems integrator, coordinating all internal and external supplier deliverables to ensure delivery of an entire end-to-end solution that is assured against the current agreed specification.
- Consistently managed stakeholders and communicate with them.
- Created and upheld clear controls (restraints, actions, risks, dependencies, deliverables, decisions, issues, changes, and assumptions).
- Made sure that the initiatives-appropriate business change activities are in place.
- Implemented process for initiative reporting
- Negotiated contracts and established system integration partners for key business areas - improving profitability rate structure by 30% and increasing agency delivery performance.
- Initiated cost reduction initiatives within business units (Account Management, Strategy and Creative teams thereby deriving lower cost-based models for clients’ solutions
- Completing control testing, reviewing policies and procedures, planning, and executing risk-focused security control assessment of information systems and related processes.
- Worked with the team to plan and execute audit works by establishing IT compliance solutions based on policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performed internal and external Operations & IT risk assessments, conducted gap analysis against industry standards to identify internal control weaknesses, analyze the significance of identified vulnerabilities and articulate opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Obtained an in-depth understanding of each function or business being audited, identification and assessment of risks.
- Worked to develop, finalize and present audit reports to stakeholders.
- Facilitated awareness trainings for owners of information assets and all employees of client companies.
- Offered strategic direction to related governance functions including senior management on information security matters such as routine activities, emerging security risks and control technologies.
- Recommended practical, appropriate and cost-effective mitigating actions to reduce identified risk exposures and enhance security posture.
From Oct 2010 – Mar 2012
National Project Planning & Monitoring Manager | MTN Group (Nigeria)
NATIONAL PROJECT PLANNING & MONITORING MANAGER
- Managed Enterprise Project scope, effort / cost, schedule, and quality, while continuously identifying and mitigating underlying portfolio risks across the CAPEX Functions (comprising Network Group, Capital Programs Group, Information Services, Facilities and Fleet).Instituted new Project Management processes (measurable by metrics) across the CAPEX functions that reduced Project turn around timings and delivery costs by 25% year on year.
- Performed design reviews at the Projects Monitoring & Controlling points across the company and developed enterprise performance metrics (Capitalization) to assure Return on Delivery Investments that resulted in Enterprise Program Success in consecutive fiscal years
- Collaborated with key stakeholders and internal teams to define enterprise Project and programme principles, standards and guidelines, and blueprints.
- Translated business requirements into systems qualities and repeatable design strategies and patterns, such as adaptability, scalability, availability, and reusability. This increased enterprise profitability significantly by above 30% as against the preceding year.
- Performed continuous improvement and optimizing of implemented MTN project management methodology. Ensuring adherence to organization’s planning standards
- Monitored and reported capital projects budgets cost and work performance by Overseeing development, test, deployment, support and Communicate status with stakeholders and resolved issues in a timely manner for Rollout across all Projects
- Analyzed and Evaluated current work processes with steering committee and recommend changes to steering committee and/or project director to achieve system efficiencies using common business practices
- Facilitated CAPEX Enterprise Project Management Workshops to Elicit & Review Requirements & Design that ensured profitability by 30% and reduced inventory waste by 50%
Education and Training
- Masters in Cybersecurity, Cyber forensics & Threat Intelligence (University Of Salford- In View) September 2022
- Master Of Business Administration (MBA, Hult International Business School) - Sept , 2021
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Training & Certification (March 2020)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Training & Certification (March 2020)
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Training (July,2011)
- Business Data Planning & Analysis Training (Lagos Business School, March 2011)
- Microsoft Project 2007 Training (March 2011)
- Business Process Management Professional (BPMP, February 2010)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP April,1 2008)
- Project Management Professional Training (2007),
- Effective Communication, Facilitation and Negotiation for Managers (2007),
- Total Customer Services CELTEL Nigeria (2006), Personal and Career Development (2005),
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA2003),
- B.sc Electronics and Computer Engineering – 2002; Lagos State University (Second Class Division)
Professionals who compete with adeoye
Professionals in the same Technology / Internet sector as adeoye abodunrin
Professionals from different sectors near London, Greater London
Jobs near London, Greater London
Project Kahn London, United Kingdom
Luxury accessories & sales executive APPLY NOW · We are searching for a luxury accessories and sales specialist to join our sales staff. · As our company is constantly expanding, we are now looking ...
KPMG-UnitedKingdom London, United Kingdom Full time
Job description · SharePoint Online Senior Manager- SPO / Digital Workplace · The role · As part of our Digital Workplace team, this person will be the technical and strategic lead for the use of, a ...
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust Stevenage, United Kingdom Full time
Job overview · We are recruiting for a Medical Secretary - HRAC Anaesthetics who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients. · East ...