Data and BI analyst
About charles izah:
A detail-oriented and results-driven master’s student with 7+ years of data and business intelligence analysis experience. I have strong analytical skills, excellent multitasking abilities, excellent communication and presentation skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. I have hands-on experience in using Python, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, SAS, Machine learning, SQL, and R studio. I am seeking experience in a professional setting laden with opportunities for career growth and development with a view of expanding my scope of knowledge, equipping myself with strong analytic skills, and deploying the same in achieving the organization’s overall aims and objective
Coventry City Council, United Kingdom (HR Data Analyst) January 2022 – July 2022 (Fixed contract)
- Create HR workforce and training analytics using Power BI using DAX where necessary for HR service and other service users. e.g., creation and formatting of charts, dashboards, filters, and drill through. Also, the import and transformation of data from excel, CSV, and database sources.
- Compile relevant HR data and metrics from the HRIS (Human Resource Information System) and various payroll outputs as requested.
- Liaise with ICT and software providers throughout newly launched projects.
- Defining, developing, testing, and deploying data models, tables, and feeds, as well as designing and deploying new reports, analyses, and analytics.
- Designing user guidance notes as well as technical documentation using a range of methods and media when a new project is launched.
- Re-define and Visualize Existing Processes and Procedures.
- Manage, clean, abstract, and aggregate data alongside a range of analytical studies on that data.
- Data Integration and creation of data feeds where necessary.
- Implemented a BI tool, created, updated, and maintained dashboards connected to real-time data from various sources, resulting in more efficient processes and enhanced reporting and decision-making within the HR department which resulted in a 35% increase in productivity.
- Achieved 100% accuracy when the HR department replaced its key reporting tools for the HR and payroll system by evaluating, rewriting, and testing hundreds of parallel reports.
Union Bank Plc, Nigeria. (Product Analyst) November 2014 – December 2020
- Spool customers’ data using SQL, analyses, and present findings to management for decision-making.
- Analyses customers’ data to develop an efficient credit scoring system.
- Extracting data from various sources, plugging it into tableau to create dashboards and studying the trend to make data-driven decisions.
- Design loan products in line with customers’ need
- Analyses and provide monthly reports on the product program portfolio.
- Develop training materials for quarterly training and eLearning.
- Track, monitor, manage, and review product programs.
- Participate in the quarterly training of frontline staff.
- Prepare monthly reports of product database conversion by the sales team.
- Process management of microloans on digital channels
- Loan sales agents’ management i.e., weekly reporting/tracking, Database management, remediation of process issues, communication, and engagement.
- Provide weekly analysis and clear understanding of NPL portfolio.
- Drive the monthly preparation and rendition of insurance remittance.
- Participate in the pilot test deployment of the scoring platform across branches.
- Participate in the remediation of all Decision engine-related issues and other issues raised by the frontline.
- Daily management of all loan-related exceptional approvals.
- Designed and built a loan scoring platform that increased the bank's income from 6 to 9 digits (Commendation letter available on request)
- Based on my strong analytical skills, I recommended quarterly training for our frontline staff which bridges their product knowledge gap and increases their productivity and performance by 65%.
Union Bank Plc Nigeria. (Sales and Service Associate) April 2014 – November 2014.
- Account opening.
- Account maintenance.
- Cross-selling and profiling customers on alternate channels (Debit card, Mobile, and Online banking).
- Cross-selling the bank’s products to non-customers in the banking hall.
- Educating NTB customers on products that fit their needs.
- Resolve customers’ complaints in a bit Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Investigating and reversing ATM dispense errors when necessary.
- I alongside my team carded and move 70% of my branch customers onto online banking which reduced the large footfall in the banking hall and pressure on the branch frontline staff
- I ensure customers’ complaints or ATM dispense error are resolved within 24 hours
Skye Bank Plc, Nigeria. (Internal Control officer) June 2010- April 2014.
- Credit review.
- GL reconciliation.
- Vault activities review.
- Daily call-over of branch transaction tickets.
- Account opening document review for completeness and proper KYC.
- Handling Customers complaints & general investigations at Branches.
- Follow up on the implementation of reports from Inspectors, External Auditors & External Examiners (CBN, NFIU, NDIC, etc.).
- I investigated and uncovered ATM fraud worth £60,000 in the first week of resumption in my new branch
- Ensure 100% implementation of Inspectors and External Auditors as well train staff on how to reduce their errors
Skye Bank Plc, Nigeria. (Transaction Officer) August 2009- June 2010.
- Term deposit booking and termination based on customers’ instructions.
- Creation of Payer ID for taxpayers without an Identification number.
- Processing customers’ returned cheques and ensuring that charges are taken.
- Reviewing inward and outward clearing cheques in line with bank policies.
- Processing revenue collection payments through an e-payment application.
- Preparing Weekly and Monthly General Ledger Proof for the branch.
- Uploading salary payments for staff of client organizations.
- Processing Manager’s Cheques.
- Intra and inter-bank transfers.
- I ensured that 100% transaction charges were taken to avoid income leakage.
- Ensured that General Ledgers are reconciled and cleaned monthly.
Skye Bank Plc, Nigeria. (Customer Service Officer) July 2008-August 2009.
- Account opening.
- Card management.
- Account maintenance.
- Handling customers’ complaints.
- Handling customers’ inquiries.
- Printing of customers’ monthly statements.
- Attend to calls in line with the phone etiquette.
- Sheffield Hallam University UK MSc. Big data analytics Jan 2023
- Imo State University B. Sc Economics (2nd class Upper division) 2011
- The Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti HND Statistics (Lower credit) 2006
- The Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti OND Statistics (Lower credit) 2002
- St. Joseph’s College Ondo. GCSE Pass 2000
Professionals in the same Technology / Internet sector as charles izah
Professionals from different sectors near Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton
Other users who are called charles
Jobs near Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton
Auto Surgery Ltd Coventry, United Kingdom Full time
Full Time Experienced Painter/Prepper required to work Mon - Friday and some Saturdays. Small Family Business based in Holbrooks. · You should have at least 1 years experience of vehicle painting and ...
Breeze Recruitment West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom Full time
HGV Class 1 C+E Night Trunk Driver required working various rotas can be weekdays or can include weekends if preferred and starts range from 19:00pm to 03:00am. · This work is ongoing and Trunking and ...
Telford & Wrekin Council Telford, United Kingdom Part time
Catering Services · Catering Assistant - Hollinswood Primary School, Telford. · NJC Scale 1 £10.90 per hour · 18.75 hours per week · Term Time Plus 3 days · Flexibility required. Some Catering experi ...