About David Perkins:
My name is David Perkins and I am 41 years old.
I have many years of experience working in the entertainment industry running my own disco and karaoke company, bar work and running pubs for people. This has enabled me to develop and enhance my people skills, which I believe are vital in this industry.
I work well under pressure, I am a team player, as well as being able and confident to work on my own as the situation demands.
I am honest, reliable, approachable and caring, I truly enjoy meeting and dealing with people and I believe this is reflected in my personality.
I always aim to exceed expectations. I have a positive “can do” approach to my work and I believe given the opportunity, I would be an asset to your company and would ask that you consider me for the position.
Other than my teaching experience in various countries over the last 9/10 years, I have worked in and help manage youth clubs/groups, as well as running my own mobile disco company. I have done many of children’s discos and DJ workshops over the years for children of all ages. I have also taught conversational English via Skype to a few of my foreign friends.
I am very passionate about Africa, African countries, the culture etc: the environment, nature, wildlife, multicultural people, history and beyond. I have had an interest in these fields as a young child and now at the age of 41 my passion remains but even stronger, I have travelled the World as an English Teacher and I have seen some amazing wonders. I watch documentaries all the time on a daily basis as I love to learn new facts.
I’m a highly experienced, adaptable and reliable individual who has extensive experience and knowledge working overseas as a Teacher of English and ICT in various different countries. I have experience teaching KS1 - KS5 students in English language, English Literature and also English as a foreign language. Being enthusiastic, I am always willing to learn new skills to further my career development within the teaching profession. Throughout my career, I have always had a passion for working with students teaching English and supporting them further to reach their expected or achievable grades.
I have experience in all Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office versions as well as experience in MS - DOS and experience in windows server 2003. I have experience in most common types of hardware and software and experience in networking. I can set up wireless routers, deal with internet issues and virus or spyware. I can solve ad aware problems and even blue screen errors on windows.
- 2019 - Postgraduate Certificate in Education at Sheffield Hallam University
- 2018 - Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) at Anheddau Cyf in Bangor
- 2013 - Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services (QCF) course at Coleg Menai in Bangor & I also completed 2 extra certificates during the course, which are: World Host & Food Safety
- 2012 - Bachelor of Science in Computing at London Metropolitan University
- 2008 - BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at Staffordshire Training Centre in Staffordshire
- 2006 - ECDL Part: 1 at Hyfforddiant Môn Training in Llangefni
- 2005 - NVQ Administration Level 2 Held at Hyfforddiant Môn Training in Llangefni
- 2005 - Manual Handling at Premier First Aid in Amlwch
- 2005 - Food Hygiene Certificate at Hyfforddiant Parys Training in Amlwch
- 2004 - NVQ Key Skills Level’s 1 & 2 at Hyfforddiant Môn Training in Llangefni
- 2004 - First Aid at Work at Premier First Aid in Amlwch
- 2003 - Sage Training at The Sage Training Centre in Manchester
- 2002 - Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety at Hyfforddiant Môn Training in Llangefni
- 1998 - 9 GCSE’s including (A) in Math’s at Ysgol Syr Thomas Jones in Amlwch
Professionals who compete with David
Professionals offering similar services to those of David Perkins
Professionals in the same Education / Training sector as David Perkins
Professionales offering Esl Teacher services
Professionals from different sectors near Birmingham, Birmingham
Other users who are called David
Jobs near Birmingham, Birmingham
Retrack Personnel Holdings Limited Whetstone, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My client in Leicester is looking for a Field Service Engineer due to expansion. NVQ Level 2, 3 or equivalent and have experience in the construction, HGV or agriculture heavy plant machinery sectors ...
Pertemps Dudley West Brom Perms Fazeley, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Are you a Maintenance Engineer with an electrical background looking to further their career within a major plastics company in the construction industry based in Tamworth? · Monday - Friday 07:30 - 1 ...
Knewin Birmingham, United Kingdom £40,000 - £70,000 per year
Job Description AtkinsRéalis' UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professio ...