This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Experienced Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer with a track record of implementing, improving, initiating and delivering engineering change in 3 global brands: Aston Martin, Ford and Daewoo. Accustomed working as a member of an automotive manufacturing team responsible for delivering business portfolio and financial shape improvements within a competitive environment. With excellent interpersonal, supervisor and communication skills, I have first hand experience of managing the relationships and trade-off between business functions and delivering results through teams.
Currently working as Continuous Improvement Engineer at Godiva Limited part of IDEX.
Mechanical Engineer Bachelor’s Degree - Mechanical University - Craiova University 1990-95
A wide range of training courses completed which includes:
SAFETY – risk assessment, writing method statements, ergonomics, first aid, QUALITY – ISO 9001, Black & green Belt Customer driven 6 Sigma certified by Ford Motor Company, zero defect methodology, DELIVERY – lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, COST – scrap reduction, project management, budget & inventory controls, PEOPLE – dignity at work, diversity, structured interviewing, objective setting, MAINTENANCE – TTP, ENVIRONMENTAL – ISO 14001
Godiva Limited part of IDEX FIRE & SAFETY, Warwick, England June 2021 - to date
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Aston Martin Lagonda Limited, Gaydon, England June 2014 – March 2021
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – CME Trim&Final Shop, Trim1 Jan 2016 – March 2021
- Successful New model Introduction supported the planned introduction of all new models like DB11 Coupe & Volante, DBS Coupe & Volante, Vantage Coupe & Roadster, worked with Advance manufacturing engineers colleagues, to ensure no impact on current car production is made or minimised throughout planning and installation stage. Obtained through understanding of all requirements for layout, process and facilities requirements prior to end of 2 Pilot production. Supported handover of project and associated processes, layout and facilities, demonstrating the level of checks carried out and improvement driven as a result. Support with station readiness documentation from AME and CCAR for Trim1.
- For Problem Resolution I’ve Provided daily prompt radio response for all issues including EASE and DC Tooling support relevant to Trim1 area, I’ve Ensured always timely closure of Work Group Board items, Beacon Audit, PCM items, Ensured timely closure of Process Confirmation issues, Maintain concerns at <5 @RED and <60 days average age.
- For Continuous Improvement, I’ve Audited technician deck: 1 Man Assignment/Qtr, Timely closuring of Request for Change, Supporting TAKT changes through Bill of Material, Wrote Process Step Sheets and layout development, Supported and Led Production led BIQ and BIT activities
- For H&S, Environment and Visual Factory: Reduced ergonomic issues for area – no red or high amber stations, Promoted and supported Production visual factory targets, Achieved/sustained office housekeeping standard of 5, Raised min. of 2 near misses per year.
- Supported and wrote multiple Line Balances for Trim1 processes and mixed build, Process Plan changed, To From List comments for MP&L, tooling list created, multiple stations established, stations set to work in the new Line balance. Supporting and caring out all planned line balances for Trim1 including yearly efficiency projects and Single Line plus single shift build in according with MBO man assignment and AME Planning, Support and complete process moves, Goldcrest To From List, Support and complete Hand tooling assessments and correct relocation, Support MBO with clear advise on feasibility for proposal Man assignments for Man Eng compliance, Supported DC Tooling moves and alignment to AM6 strategy.
- For Profiles – Improved Gap & Profile conditions across all models, Re-established current profile process within Trim1 area and conducted capability review and measured effectives to justify process need or drove change for improvement, Verified and Confirmed how many processes exist and capability of each process. Confirmed necessity of process and detail off all changes made with improvement for capability of achieving standard, Feedback all Body tolerance requirements or points to be adjusted and measured to BIW team to drive improvements.
- For DC Tooling – Systematically undertook the improvement plan for the Improve RFT metric for tooling in T&F assembly, Tracked current status and improvements, using ToolNet reviewed area and any problem station on monthly basis with current RFT, Using PPS standard investigated if NOK is Man, process, tooling or component and demonstrate % RFT when process is followed correctly and with capable parts.
- PFMEA & Control Plan – Supported PFMEA & Control plan reviewing within the biennial time limit identified by the procedure for 300 calls and AMCPA issues, reviewed and updated on monthly basis.
- TDC – Created and submitted 2 off TDC suggestion, 1 off to be in-time for TDC May activity Provide business case with all costing and predictive cost savings. Target per person 5K achieved.
Senior Manufacturing Engineering - CME, Body Shop June 2014 – Jan 2016
- Similar with the job in Trim & Final Shop plus:
- Teardown / Dry Build: Completed 1 Gaydon BIW teardown / Dry Build per Qtr, Trend teardown / dry build based on DPV and T&F issue feedback,
- Generated CCAR to collate and drove findings to containment and PCA, Share Teardown process and learning with Chase Point Engineer to ensure alignment and sharing of best practice,
- BIW DPV: Updating and monitoring BIW Closure PIST data and link to Body 10 Panel, Lead the weekly BIW Dimensional review and share current BIW Closure PIST data and CCAR status,
- Drove improvement items based on PIST performance and effect to vehicle DPV, Shim Log Audit: Audit the shim log for 1 fixture per month and update the shim log as appropriate (fixture to be agreed with area GL)
Ford Motor Company, Craiova, Romania 2008 – June 2014
Senior Engineer, Plant Vehicle Team, Body Exterior, Craiova, Romania Sep ’13 – June 2014
- Led the development and continuous improvement of the Body Structure components (sheet metal), Initiated engineering changes for cost reduction, new programs and quality improvement, Led resolution of Functional, Engineering Design related issues pertaining to body structures ongoing basis, Organised functional trials of new parts, Provided engineering support at project reviews.
Process Engineer, Body Shop, Hanging Line, Craiova, Romania Mar ’13 – Aug ’13
Supervisor, Body Shop, Hanging Line, Craiova, Romania Jun ’11 – Feb ’13
Managed for 50 employees manufacturing B-max production on a single shift, Coached Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardised work, Optimised throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives, Support Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) and coached problem resolution to the lowest level, Communicated the company news and Recognised the merits, Met FTT, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and tooling expense targets, Built Team Leaders and Team Members capability, Created a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks, Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents, Coordination of Safety Operating System activities including overhead safety, lifting and rigging and Energy Control and Lockout procedures, Led skilled trades personnel to evaluate controls requirements for maintaining and improving production yields, output, and up time, Supervised preventive maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs to minimise down time, Coordinated and schedule manpower and materials to meet production requirements to minimise down time, Responsible for monitoring day-to-day production processes, tooling, and operations related to automation equipment, Analyse equipment performance and work to improve efficiencies, Coordinate equipment refurbishment, Determine and correct root cause of controls related downtime issues, Optimise floor layouts, System issue resolution, Ensure start-up readiness for production, Performs other related duties as required