This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
I recently completed an MA in Magazine Journalism at Cardiff University. I now have the aim of establishing myself as a features writer.
My favourite topics to write about include free speech, contemporary politics, sport and personal stories.
I learned many skills during my MA in Magazine Journalism at Cardiff University which has set me up well for a career in journalism. This includes writing news stories and longer feature articles, a strong understanding of CMS, and competency in Adobe software (including Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop and Audition).
I also completed my undergraduate degree in Business Management at Cardiff University, meaning I am very confident when it comes to writing business or current affairs stories.
Wales Business Insider
While working with the Welsh division of the UK's most successful regional B2B media company I completed a number of tasks including:
1. Writing a double page spread feature of an interview I conducted with the successful businessman Dr David Banner MBE
2. Writing a double page spread feature Housing Report, which included interviewing six business leaders in the housing sector
3. Subediting the work of freelance journalists for the print edition
4. Conducting research to find Wales' best upcoming entrepreneurs on behalf of the editor
At this prestigious live events and marketing company, amongst other things, I was responsible for:
- The weekly planning of public-facing sponsorship events on behalf of major, multi-million- pound accounts including the Co-op, ISUZU & Continental Tyres as well as overseeing their on-site events across the country.
- Writing a monthly food blog on behalf of the Co-op as well as maintaining the Co- op/parkrun partnership web page.