Summary · Over 17 year’s of experience as an Senior Agile Delivery Manager , working with SAFe, Agile and Lean methodologies and frameworks for multi-disciplinary distributed teams to bring continuous improvement and structured business and team agility to projects, practices and processes adding b ...
Over 17 year’s of experience as an Senior Agile Delivery Manager , working with SAFe, Agile and Lean methodologies and frameworks for multi-disciplinary distributed teams to bring continuous improvement and structured business and team agility to projects, practices and processes adding business value and continuous learning at every stage. Good skills and knowledge of leadership, mentoring, coaching, teaching, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency between scrum teams, stake holders and the solution level management teams. Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach. Experience and ability to help create and define the right thing to build as well as building things right.
Company: Burendo Agile Delivery Lead
January 2022 - Present (3 months) Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Role: Senior Consultant - Agile Delivery Lead
Creating a rapid, repeatable idea delivery pipeline for client agile organisation Framework agnostic approach based on the knowledge that there isn't only one way to do Agile Practical and Pragmatic adoption of tools and techniques to deliver value quickly
Company : ETAS Ltd.( BOSCH UK)
Role: Agile SAFe Delivery Manager - 3 years 4 months
Define and Deliver the VMOST ( Vision , Mission, Objectives, Strategies and Tactics ) of the product and aim for high performing teams using lean agile methodologies. The Role is pivotal in validating client/stakeholder needs, determining and prioritizing the product and feature backlog, and delivering a product that aligns to the Solution Train ( SAFe ) and the Mission in the Business roadmap. We use Strong Agile delivery methodologies to ensure that the team performs in the best productive environment that suit the teams dynamics. Command, Control, Collaborate and Resolve the RAID Log for the product continuously throughout the life cycle of the product development. Create and maintain a high-level, strategic visual product roadmap that outlines the vision and direction for the product acting both as a strategic guide for stakeholders to reference, as well as a plan for execution for the Development team. Encourage and empower teams to develop and thrive in an continuous improving high performing environment both in process and people using KPI's and Lean methodologies. Oversee and evaluate each Iteration stages and provide course correction based on client and stakeholder feedback inputs into planning, refinement and Sprint review activities. Updating and empowering the team to use skill matrix to ensure the gaps in the knowledge within and outside the team are identified and addressed using methods like Technical talks , training and workshops to ensure the gaps are mitigated. Coaching and mentoring the teams for giving and receiving feedback to enable better collaboration and communication within the teams and the projects. To identify any issues in the team either personally/professionally and guide and empower them to resolve them.
Role: Agile Delivery Manager/RTE ( Release Train Engineer)
February 2019 - February 2021 (2 years 1 month) York, North Yorkshire
Developing and maintaining the SAFe Release train with 6 Scrum teams and 3 product development value streams. Driving the technical scrum teams to achieve business outcomes in a fast paced agile environment. Driving continuous improvements both in processes and people, using lean principles and KPI's. Coaching and optimising the lean-agile mindset flow of work and practices to members of the agile release train, including ART team, scrum masters, agile team members, stakeholders and business owners. Conduct, maintain, review, resolved RAID analysis for all development value streams in the ART. Support the creation, and relentless improvement, of a continuous delivery pipeline by promoting DevOps practices within the organisation. Organise, facilitate and get the ART Backlog and the Product Backlog ready for the Program Increment planning event and facilitate System demos. Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment. Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level. Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases. Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences. Facilitate and Coach Scrum of Scrums to track and remove impediments and drive high quality. Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across
ETAS Embedded Software Consultant
October 2018 - March 2019 (6 months) York, United Kingdom
ETAS provides innovative solutions, engineering services, consulting, training, and support for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and other sectors of the embedded industry.
Company: Petards Ltd.
2 years 1 month
Role: Embedded Technical MCU Project Lead
February 2017 - October 2018 (1 year 9 months)
Develop Safety critical software in a thread-safe, multi-threaded enviroment C/C++ ( mainly C ) . Support and Manage the Embedded AtmelSAM V71/ E70 MCU project functionality using an ARM Cortex 7 processor. Using Agile,Scrum and Lean principles and tools like Jira( user stories/sprint planning/velocity/backlog)/Confluence( documentation)/Crucible(code reviews), working with the Project Architect/ Product Owner to organise and populate the backlog and retrospectives to achieve a tested and executable project deliverable at the end of every sprint aiding to project timelines. Co-ordinate and distribute the work and priorities using Agile methods within the team. Technical hands-on coding and integrating various peripheral interfaces ( SD Card, I2C driver for EEPROM & external low power RTC /SRAM chip, QSPI Flash for the AtmelSAMV71/SAME70 chipset . Implement and Integrate customised Bootloader running from IFLASH of the AtmelSAMV71 chip for the current project. Integrate Ozone - J-Link full featured graphical Debugger for embedded application using Segger for both Linux /Windows. Integrate and help Hardware Team /Production Staff to complete hardware board bringup testing, integration testing, EMC testing and Production Test Software. Move Atmel Studio Projects/Solutions into CMake Build structure. Ensure for safety critical code reviews using Crucible. Use GoogleTests/GoogleMock for unit testing. Senior C/C++ Embedded
October 2016 - February 2017 (5 months) Gateshead
Developing Embedded software platforms, working on the next generation of Security and Surveillance systems used in 1000's of transportation systems across the globe. Writing custom bootloaders for the ATMELSAM V71/V70 platform. Designing the COMMS protocol layer for the ATMEL SAM V71/V70 using TCP/IP. Skillset for the above projects: - Programming using C/C++ - Cryptovision - STL/Boost/QT/PHP Scripting - OO software design/development - Writing IP Protocols/Socket programming (TCP/UDP) - Linux based development - Custom Bootloaders for ATMEL SAMV71Q21 - SVN
Company: Linx Printing Technologies
Role: SW Project Delivery Manager/Scrum Master ( Agile )
October 2015 - October 2016 (1 year 1 month) St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Working in a Dual Role both as a Hands-on Software Project Manager Delivery Manager/Scrum Master for a multi-discipline Engineering team in researching and developing embedded software and complementary technologies for Linx Continuous Inkjet Printers. Responsible for operations – design, plan, execution and control the project costs based on project budget allocated. Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping. Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Serve as teams’ or programs’ information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors. Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level. Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases. Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles. Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them. Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.Track and remove impediments. Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving. Successfully delivered 3 products the 8910, 8920, 8940 printers, with intelligent smart monitoring of the printer to prevent downtime in production which adds immense value for the total cost of ownership, service costs, and downtime losses for the customer. Work with senior management, engaging with stakeholders as required ensuring that project delivery is fully aligned with the company strategy and the required outcomes are achieved in time.
Company: Hitachi Data Systems
Role: Senior Software Engineer
August 2014 - October 2015 (1 year 3 months) Bracknell, Berkshire
Develop Software in an agile environment for Linux embedded software, focusing on network file serving protocols like NFS
• Design and develop NFSv4.0 protocol as per the RFC using C/C++ with Linux as the development platform.
• Improve the performance of NFSv3.0 by removing contention points, analysis critical paths.
• Run pyNFSv4.0 testsuite and fix any compliance issues.
• Integrate the NFSv4.0 protocol Writes and Reads for a multi-client multirequest environment to measure the performance (Ops/Sec) .
• Implement test cases for any changes to NFSV4.0 and NFSv3.0 with Ruby.
• To liaise with QA team so they are able to produce effective test plans/ senarios .
• Work on escalations and see that the code developed is both performance oriented and solves the issue with optimal coding patterns for future maintenance and supportability.
• Perform code review and discussion for optimal coding in the team. Languages include C/C++, Ruby, Perl, Bitkeeper, Agile, Linux, QT Creator, Wireshark
Company : Imagination Technologies 9 years 1 month
Role: Technical Project Senior Lead Manager
Establishment of Tools Team in India - Global team management
• Establish and setup a tools team, recruit and train software engineers to build a tools team from scratch
• Planning of release windows cycles between teams
• Gathering of specification from clients and hardware team
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release, scope, schedule and quality.
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet expectations.
• Responsible for Work Balancing between the UK and India teams for the project
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between teams at different locations across globe.
• Conduct release readiness reviews, Milestones reviews. • Weekly release reporting and Monthly Iteration Schedule Project work management.
• Work with engineers to understand impact of branches and code merges using cvs.
• Responsible for developing different modules of the software tool chains for various META SOC and its variant products that needs to work across the teams in various locations across the globe.
• Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyse their application to current configuration management needs.
• Hands-on – Technical Lead who enjoys working with code and developing software systems.
• Designing, Development and debugging multithreaded 32/16/8 bit combined programs
• Provide technical support to other software teams in UK & India and directly to the customers like Intel ARM, Texas Instruments, and Samsung using a ticketing system like IPGear.
• Working on FPGA System for verification testsuites.
• Provide integration testsuites for Custom IP's that are delivered directly to the customer.
• Work along with the hardware teams in UK & India to ensure proper verification of the processor IP Core and its variants.
Senior Software Design Engineer April 2001 - October 2007 (6 years 7 months)
• Improved the link time of complicated DSP C and assembler code linkages by 98% by using techniques for string manipulations and partial linkage.
• Added new DWARF2 Debug info output for easy debugging for assembler output object files.
• Developed software to output all object files from assembler and linker in standard ELF32 Format instead of the old in-house object files .obj.
• Develop new assembler instructions for new SOC architectures.
• Completely developed the disassembler that is used in the CodeScape Debugger that is shipped to clients across the globe along with the Toolkits.
• Provide new performance oriented features like partial linkage, loader that can shrink code based on the usage of the code.
• Add new features to the tool chain that makes the toolset user friendly
• Worked on the Gcc version 2.95 compiler backend to produce DWARF2 debug information. • Worked on GNU tools like gass, ld and gdb.
• Worked to get the existing Boot Loader software to work more efficiently with newly improved later versions of META SOC.
• Work along the hardware team to develop new test software to verify hardware features
• Analyse, Automate, maintain and improve test coverage across the testsuites for accuracy and ease of use across multiple SOC chip tapeout.
• Develop test platforms, test software and usage of simulator diagnosis for testing and debugging embedded systems on FPGA's and System-on-chip (SOC) firmware.
• Local Bus was development as a medium to communicate between a Digital Master and Analog Slave. The concept was that the master SOC would first boot itself and then by communicating through the local bus, through the debug port of the slave interface it would copy the boot code into the internal RAM of the slave and boot the slave up.
• Developed API software for pheripheral interfaces like the SPI and I2C interfaces.
• Written Simulator Software using C for various hardware concept
Over 17 year’s of experience as an Senior Agile Delivery Manager , working with SAFe, Agile and Lean methodologies and frameworks for multi-disciplinary distributed teams to bring continuous improvement and structured business and team agility to projects, practices and processes adding business value and continuous learning at every stage.
Good skills and knowledge of leadership, mentoring, coaching, teaching, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency between scrum teams, stake holders and the solution level management teams. Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
Experience and ability to help create and define the right thing to build as well as building things right.
Bachelor of Technology - Bachelors - Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Professionals from different sectors near York, York City
Jobs near York, York City
Found in: Jooble GB Premium - 1 week ago
Langham Recruitment York, North Yorkshire Full-time
Linux System Administrator | Circa £65,000 | Fully Remote · Langham Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a new Linux System Administrator for one of our long-standing clients. · This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a FTSE 50 company that provides excellent development ...
Found in: beBee S2 UK - 1 day ago
Sytner Group Harrogate Full time
About the role We have an excellent opportunity available for a motivated Vehicle Technician to join our team at Harrogate Audi. As a Sytner Technician, you will join our team of talented vehicle technicians and be responsible for the maintenance and repair work of motor vehicles ...
Found in: Talent UK - 3 days ago
Vision Express Leeds Permanent
Are you passionate about creating joy for your customers? We are looking for a registered optometrist to join our in-store team that can help us to create joy in vision for our customers, through an expert and trusted eyecare experience. · What can you expect from the role? · At ...