This professional is in active search of jobs
I am a 39-year-old who has experience in a number of job roles, including sales, administration, sales administration and IT Support. I started working for myself from the week following my last day of secondary school when I set up 2 market stalls on Barnsley Market selling children's wear and cosmetics(I later also stood Selby, Doncaster, and Mansfield markets too).
When the business became financially unstable, I became a sales administrator at Warwick Ward Machinery, who are the UK’s largest supplier of Loading Shovels(plant machinery), a role which eventually became a sales role too. Unfortunately, at this point, I started showing the symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis which made walking the mile-long yard very difficult. Because of this, I decided I needed a role with minimal walking involved.
At this point I joined MAM software as first-line IT support to a pool of Unipart supplied independent garages and MOT centers that used their bespoke purchasing/invoice software. Unfortunately, the Arthritis got out of control at this point and my mobility almost completely diminished. Luckily though, thanks to the great staff at Barnsley Hospital my illness is now under control and I started working for Whitworth and Son’s, a local family-run heating and plumbing business, providing as-needed administrative support to the engineers. Unfortunately, the business is now winding up, so I have been made redundant.
I am now looking for my next role, and hope it is one I can progress in and make it my last.
In my spare time, I am a huge sports fan, with football, cricket, F1, and snooker being of particular interest. I am also very passionate about film and TV, and review movies and shows for a number of websites, as well as provide editorials when needed. I find my writing to be very relaxing, and is something I am very proud of. I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends, too.
I also have a full, clean driver’s license and access to a car.
Holgate School, Barnsley - GCSE
Business Studies: B
1998 - 2000(part-time courses)
Barnsley College - Business Studies:
NVQ Level 3
NVQ Level 2
1998 - 2003
Self Employed Market Trader
- Assessing sales/market patterns and buying suitable stock to fulfill the demand
- Setting up the stall to look neat and attractive
- Dealing with the public, advising about products and defusing problems and complaints
- Recruitment of staff, including vetting CV’s and making decisions on who to employ
Warwick Ward Machiney, Barnsley - Sales Administrator
- Supporting the sales team in any way possible.
- Processing orders, creating invoices, Pro-forma invoices, receipts, and credit notes
- Taking inbound sales inquiries and advising where possible. If it wasn’t possible for me to help them, I would refer them to a member of staff that could, or signpost them to relevant information recourses.
- Creating advertisements for trade magazines etc to promote the business and products
- Helping the M.D. and H.R. department to create job briefs, advertise vacancies, vet applications and advice who I felt was the best candidates for the job. I also sat in and took part in some interviews
2008 - 2010
Maplins Electronics, Barnsley - Sales Administrator/Account Manager
- Supporting the road based sales staff by providing administrative duties
- Manage the key accounts in the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire area
- Receive incoming sales enquiries via telephone, e-mail or fax and advise the customer, trying to close the sale.
- Process all sales orders from my area, ensuring invoices, receipts and credit notes are raised and assigned to the current account. I then always double and triple checked the outstanding balance on the accounts was correct.
2010 - 2014
MAM Software, Barnsley - First Line I.T. Telephone Support
- Take incoming calls and emails pertaining to Uniparts own “KISS Online” and “Unipart Direct” software systems.
- Troubleshoot and fix any issues remotely where possible. Refer to road-based technicians if not fixable remotely.
- Make detailed notes.
2017 - October 2021
Whitworth & Son, Barnsley - Administration and Accounts Support
- Providing ad hoc administration support to the company
- Manage companies accounts, including creating and issuing quotations, invoices, and credit notes for both sales and purchasing
- Job Planning
- Diary Management
- Support the companies road-based tradesman
- Create, manage and close jobs using the job management software
- Manage company website and social media
- Create advertising material
What kind of projects is Kriss Pickering looking for?
Full-time administrative work, ideally local to the Barnsley area(but a reasonable commute is fine.