Associate Professor and dental Clinician
About Mai Elbanna:
A professional Dental Academic with approximately 15 years’ academic experience in research, lecturing and training. Most recent academic role was an Associate Professor at the Conservative and Cariology Department within the Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine at MIU University in Cairo. Also have over 20 year’s practical dental experience, including founding and managing 2 separate dental clinics. Since moving to the UK, now seeking first position within the academic field. A strong researcher who has had works printed in high quality peer reviewed journals. Self-motivated team leader with excellent communication, project management, collaboration, and presentation skills, with the ability to deliver excellent bottom-line results. Highly punctual, organised and reliable.
January 2009 – April 2023, Dental Clinician/Founder/Managing Director, Specialised in Dental Clinic and Everglow Dental Clinic (Cairo, Egypt)
Reason for leaving: To move to the UK
During this period, I founded and ran two dental clinics within Cairo, whilst still working there as a dentist, my main responsibilities and duties included:
- Recruiting staff including dental and administrative staff.
- Training all staff.
- Writing all company policies and procedures and advising staff on these.
- Performing dentistry with patients including check-ups and all dental treatments.
- Taking cash and card payments from patient.
- Monitoring patient satisfaction through feedback forms and screening sheets etc.
- Procurement duties, ordering all stock and equipment and negotiating with suppliers.
- Logging and issuing payroll for staff.
- Manage the finances of the clinic – including monitoring overheads, paying taxes etc.
May 2013 – May 2015, Associate Professor of Conservative and Cariology Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, MIU University (Cairo, Egypt)
Reason for leaving: Wanted to focus on running own private Dental Clinic and other trainee position within the university.
During this period, I worked as an Associate Professor, second in charge of the Conservative and Cariology Department within the Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine at MIU University in Cairo. My main duties and responsibilities included:
- Teaching and lecturing both graduate and postgraduate on dentistry.
- Planning lectures and seminars.
- Marking work and providing feedback to students.
- Acting as a supervisor for students to assist and guide them with the writing of their dissertations and thesis (including PHD students).
- Completing administration work on behalf of the department including uploading of results, monitoring student progress and logging student admissions.
September 2012 – July 2016, Internship Training Coordinator and Supervisor, Conservative and Cariology Department – Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, MIU University (Cairo, Egypt)
Reason for leaving: Wanted to focus on running own private Dental Clinic.
During this period, I worked as an Internship Training Coordinator, training Dental Interns within the Conservative and Cariology Department at the Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine in MIU University in Cairo. My main duties and responsibilities included:
- Conducting workshops teaching groups between 6 – 12, practical Dental skills.
- Monitor all student’s progress.
- Marking student’s assessments and work.
- Providing students with feedback.
- Monitoring student’s attendance.
- Administrative duties including uploading student’s work and progress reports etc.
2008, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Ain Shams University (Egypt): PHD in Restorative Dentistry.
2003, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University (Egypt): Masters in Conservative Dentistry.
1998, Faculty or Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University (Egypt): Bachelors of Oral and Dental Medicine (Grade B): Statement of NARIC Comparability available.
Professionals who compete with Mai
Professionals in the same Healthcare sector as Mai Elbanna
Professionals from different sectors near Milton Keynes, Central Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes
Other users who are called Mai
Jobs near Milton Keynes, Central Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes
Momentum Instore Installations Oxfordshire, United Kingdom Full time
Merchandiser drivers required We have lots of projects on · Do you have an interest in retail and a keen eye for detail? Are you looking for a role that is varied and flexible? · Location: · Field Ba ...
NSC Global Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom Full time
nscglobal (Cisco Gold Partner) provides global network implementation and support solutions to world-class organizations, delivering cost savings and operational simplicity. · nscglobal is an independ ...
Luton Council Luton, United Kingdom Full time
Waste Electrical Courier & Scheme Promotion Assistant · Job description Our ambitious Luton 2040 Vision – that no-one in Luton will have to live in poverty – is at the heart of everything we do. We ...