I have a career's worth of operations experience in many different sectors and so thought that you would be
interested in my application.
I have become financially and commercially astute and I have honed my
skills of man management. I have developed process improvements and factory
modifications and been an instigator of strategic changes in the business’s I have
been involved with. I believe that I have the right interpersonal skills to enthuse and
bring people with me on the business journey. Cultural ideals of a business always have
intrigued me and I believe that I have good 'people' skills that can transfer between
board and workshop resulting in a working environment that can have fun and make
I have expanded my depth of business knowledge over my career and now believe that
the experience I have makes me a genuine asset to any company and will allow me to
thrive in this new role. I believe that I have the correct attitude, aptitude and experience
to fulfil expectations and I thrive on the opportunity of driving business through solid
Aug 22- Present Ortho Solutions Group – Head of Operations
- Rebuilding an operations team – post covid – as the business grows back
- Rebuilding and resourcing a supply chain that was devastated by the pandemic.
Nov 21- July 22 Stephen Austin & Son Ltd – Operations Director
- Reconfiguring the site using lean techniques
- Installing new capital equipment >£1.5m
Sep 19- Oct 21 Milchess Ltd - Operations Director
- Succeeded in establishing a UK sales distribution and consulting business for process safety products- specialising in the Oil & Gas, Pharma, and Speciality Chemicals
- Within the first 18 months we have placed orders on our principles more than £1.6M
- Identified products in Europe and USA to compliment the business offering and developed a creative network of businesses that add value to our product base.
Jul 18-Aug 19 Molecular Products Group- Technical/Quality Director
- Hired and mentored a team responsible for the delivery of two chemical projects that generated £800k GM for the business
- Centralised the Technical and Quality Teams which eased the communication both within the departments and the rest of the business.
- Campaigned for the certification of a novel medical device (for CE Mark under ISO13485/ MDD- Medical Device) with our Notified Body and the MHRA
Nov 15-Jun 18 Sofis Ltd (A Halma plc Company)- Operations Director
- United the team of Directors that merged two Halma businesses and took ‘Pastoral’/ HR responsibilities for the UK site.
- Created the vision for the Company driving into IOT safety areas that we had never considered before, and making a £600k investment in future-proofing the business
- Designed and executed the Strategy Roadmap for New Products and launched 6 new products generating >£1.6M gross margin
- Overhauled the engineering team into a multi-site international structure in US/ UK/ India
- Direct Costs: Raw Materials 23.6% from 31%; Labour 1.7% from 2.0%
Oct 08 – Nov 15 Smith Flow Control (A Halma plc Company)- Operations Director
- Controlled NPD, Engineering, Site Services, Operations and Supply Chain
- Sustained growth year-on-year with a diminishing headcount by completely reconfiguring the shopfloor. Created a more productive working space and used lean systems to implement new methods in commercial project turn-around time
- Shopfloor could be reconfigured due to smarter designs of 2 main selling interlocks: Resulted in leadtime reduction from 8-10 weeks to 4-6 weeks
- Developed strategic partnerships in the supply chain (stainless steel/ plastics) in China and built strong, more involved, relationships with European parts suppliers. Reduced cost base by ~8%
- Decreased contract processing times by 50% by mapping the project office, reconfiguring the seating arrangement to open plan, and introducing visual management techniques
- Initiated and Implemented performance management within the business
- Spearheaded improvement in the Operational KPIs used:
- OTIF - increased to >99% from 65%
- Stock Turns – ran about 10 mainly due to stainless castings from China/ India
- Warranty Returns decreased to 0.1%
- First Pass Yield – increased to >93% with better training and consistency of supplied components
Sep 05 – Sep 08 EEF South/ London Manufacturing Advisory Service-
Business Improvement Consultant
- Customised training of companies in lean techniques and mentoring improvement projects in both manufacturing and personal service industries
- Trained and developed people from shop floor to director level
- Perfected my presentation, communication, and training skills.
Nov 00-Sep 05 McLaren- SLR Prototype Project Manager/ Manufacturing Manager
- Facilitated the prototype build and assembly of the carbon composite Mercedes McLaren SLR chassis and bodywork within TS16949 quality standards.
- Mastered Daimler Chrysler Lean techniques in Germany over a 6-month training program
- I changed role after the prototype stage to project manage facility modifications -and increased capacity from 10 to 17 cars/ week.
- I outsourced, by licence, the Resin Infusion Technology and supported the implementation at out third-party contractors.
- I organised all outsourced machining and assembly of bodywork -from manufacture through to Gauge R&R testing
- University of Dundee, B.Eng (2.1 Hons); Manufacturing Engineering and Management
- Imperial College, University of London, MSc; Composite Materials
Manufacturing / Mechanical profesionals
Professionals from different sectors near Hempstead, Uttlesford District, Essex
Other users who are called Mark
Jobs near Hempstead, Uttlesford District, Essex
Found in: CV Library UK* - 6 days ago
CV-Library Sutton Central Permanent
Key Points · Basic £22k + · On target Earnings (OTE commission + basic) £60k+ · Excellent continued training · Company benefits, pension etc.... · Career progression and longevity · Area: · Sutton · Company: · Multi Office Independent · Hours: · Mon - Fri 9am - 6.30pm (Sat 10am - ...
Found in: Jooble GB - 6 days ago
Environment Agency Colchester, Essex
G6 Account Manager – Major Infrastructure Salary – £47,646 Locations – · Nationwide, flexible Grade – 6 Post Type/ Working Pattern – Full Time, · flexible working available Interview Dates – 09/01 for two weeks About us If · you're part of the Environment Agency (EA), you're part ...
Found in: Talent UK - 3 days ago
About the role · Availability Window · We are recruiting festive colleagues. Apply today, join us and help us make Christmas merrier for customers. · A festive role means variety, full of everyday challenges, with no day being the same – but that's one of the things that makes it ...