I am an experienced and security cleared consultant with passion for security and understanding of cloud technologies. I have been consulting for the majority of my career to date. This is provided me with a wealth of client facing and stakeholder management experience. I always strive to ensure tha ...
About Sachin Patel:
I am an experienced and security cleared consultant with passion for security and understanding of cloud technologies. I have been consulting for the majority of my career to date. This is provided me with a wealth of client facing and stakeholder management experience. I always strive to ensure that expectations are exceeded and that I am continually improving. I really enjoy working in a team supporting and sharing my experiences with other members, contributing where I can,
Support Engineer – Endpoint Protection (Contract)
Microsoft July 2021 - Present
- Scoping and resolving customer issues with onboarding, deployment and configuration of Microsoft Defender and its features.
- Advising customers on the capabilities of Defender features, such as Network/Web Protection and Attack Surface Reduction.
- Working with MDEanalyzer and support logs to understand and troubleshoot issues in customer environments involving cloud, server, endpoint and network infrastructure.
- Engaging customers by phone and email to communicate troubleshooting steps, solutions and recommendations for them and ensuring that they have the information and tools to address similar issues in the future.
- Collaborating and coordinating with peers, other teams and experts throughout Microsoft to identify the best solutions for customer issues.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of product roadmaps and emerging technologies such as MDE for IOT.
Senior Technical Security Consultant/Analyst
Telstra January 2019 – July 2021
- Team SME for endpoint protection platform (EPP) and, endpoint detection and response (EDR)
- Conducting presales tasks such as scoping and product introductions, delivered in person and over the phone.
- Leading technical design workshops with client enterprise and security architects, to establish solution requirements and constraints and producing high level and low level design documents. These are followed by building out deployment, migration and testing plans.
- Working with clients to define technical product requirements. Once defined speaking to vendors and distributors to gather relevant information to offer unbiased and detailed product comparison documents.
- Working with client and internal project managers, providing output such as PIDs, RACIs, RAID Logs and high-level project plans.
- Creating and delivering custom training courses both internally and externally at varying technical levels depending on requirements.
- Developing strong client relationships, delivering high standards of service and becoming a trusted advisor.
- Supporting the Security advisory team, with technical control auditing. Reviewing Pen Test reports identifying client priorities and offering remediation advise.
- Client and internal SOC onboarding to managed service, creating run books and escalation matrix’s.
- Working with leading technology vendors such as Trend Micro, Symantec, Titus, Forcepoint and Sentinel One.
- Self-driven with a technology focused mind set and a passion for the Cyber/Information security industry
- Confidently managing senior stakeholders using clear communication skills to articulate challenges in a language client stakeholders understand,
- A good communicator and able to ask the right questions to identify requirements and specific recommendations as well as strategically evaluating options in the short, medium and long term,
- Successfully managing several projects of different complexity levels (ie POC, pilot and full estate deployments) simultaneously whilst balancing priorities and concerns, often working within tight timescales to a high quality,
- Comparing, client security toolsets against, NIST, SANs and CIS frameworks.
- Creating reports on client Security risks using information from products such as Qualys and INTSights.
- Part of a SoC rota, managing cases and monitoring alerts on Log Rhythm. Conducting deep dives in incidents using tools such as Dark Trace, Fire Eye CMS/EX/NX/HX and Observe IT.
- Administration of Email security tools such as Symantec Message Labs and Cisco Ironport.
- Conducting presenting firewall reviews to client, highlighting firewall hygiene and best practice.
A-level - IT and Business
Professionals from different sectors near Coulsdon, Croydon, Greater London
Other users who are called Sachin
Jobs near Coulsdon, Croydon, Greater London
CV-Library United Kingdom Part time
Self-employed Core Delivery Driver · As one of our Self-Employed Core Delivery Drivers you'll enjoy freedom, flexibility and better financial rewards, plus all the support and benefits of being part o ...
PureGym London, United Kingdom
Personal Trainer/Fitness Coach – London Edgware · London, UK Req #191 13 November 2023 Join the UK's number one fitness brand and favourite gym. · PureGym is the number 1 gym operator in the UK an ...
Finixio London, United Kingdom
Finixio is a proudly Remote First company Finixio is currently at an exciting growth stage surpassing 400 co-workers increasing our brand portfolio and affiliate sites to +100. · We are very team orie ...