This professional is in active search of jobs
I am a self-motivated design manager with over 20 years’ experience in the construction and fitout industries. My focus has been primarily in the raised flooring and floor finishes sectors.
- Excellent communicator, ability to clearly articulate ideas and views to a wide range of audiences
- Proficient use of integrity and consistency when making key decisions and problem solving
- Experience in managing multiple projects with competing priorities and managing client requirements
- Excellent record in delivering internal and external targets
- Positively managing organisational change and encouraging efficient ways of working
1998 - Date Kingspan Access Floors (formerly Hewetson Floors)
CAD Draughtsman from 1998 with promotion to Design Manager in 2005, then to Lead Design Manager in 2017.
I have successfully led and completed the design of many interesting projects including;
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 (London) the largest construction project in Europe at the time
- The Foreign & Commonwealth Office refurbishment (London)
- Bloomberg European HQ (London)
- AstraZeneca R&D Building (Cambridge)
Involvement in some of these projects was subject to the highest level of security checks.
My responsibilities include managing the design deliverables of projects in line with the project brief, delivering the best and most cost-efficient solution for the client within the desired timeframe. I work closely with operational, commercial and technical teams to ensure clean transition from planning through to delivery. I oversee the installation on site to ensure the product is delivered in line with the approved design. I work collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team to manage the seamless interface with other areas of projects.
I was given the role of design manager located on site at the Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 project. This involved producing coordinated drawings for a variety of applications as well as chairing design, review and sign-off meetings. I passed BAA’s mandatory CAD test with a score of 98%.
My career highlight to date was leading the design on the Bloomberg London project, the largest contract undertaken by KAF, involving the use of the innovative magnetic timber overlay; Attiro, a system which was developed specifically for the project. There were numerous interfaces throughout the project which had to be designed to achieve both technical compliance and aesthetic ratification. I was responsible for the overall design of the raised floor to the data halls and comms rooms and the raised floor and timber floor to the open office and special areas. Over 900 unique and 150,000 individual pieces of engineered timber were used on the project. I worked directly with the manufacturers of Attiro in Italy to successfully deliver the architect’s design intent with extreme accuracy.
1996 - 1998 Cableship (acquired by ExcelRedstone)
CAD Operator - Duties here involved production of telecoms cable routing layouts and schematic diagrams using AutoCAD, as well as production of O&M manuals. I was based on site at a City of London bank before relocating to HQ when the contract was completed. After working for an initial six months on a contract basis I accepted an offer of a permanent position.