About Tom Miller:
I am a professional site engineer/ engineering manager with knowledge and experience in civil engineering and earthworks, land surveying and residential projects. I am currently seeking to develop my skills with a challenging roll at an established civil engineering contractor. I am a well organised and systematic individual who has played a part in the growth and continuity of a large earthworks company being the only site engineer, covering up to 4 different locations providing surveying and setting out solutions. I have recently helped the company to grow by encouraging the use of machine control on projects which has increased profitability and also efficiency.
- Working in a fast paced challenging environment
- Take care of the needs of multiple different sites in terms of setting out
- Provide real time cut and fill analysis for clients and contracts management
- To produce formation models and drawings in order to set out on site
- Set up machine control on sites to small tolerances
- Communicate well with machine operatives and give instructions on job specifications etc.
- Produce good quality topographical and as built surveys detailing what work has been completed
- Perform earthworks takeoffs when jobs are complete to accurately calculate cut/fill figures and aggregates etc. Once completed I woul relay this information to the Quantity Surveyors and Estimators within the company
- Completing daily QA checklists
- Updating senior management and operatives on any changes of specification in a timely manner
- Attend meetings with clients to solve problems and ensure continued progress on projects and maintain a good working relationship
- Provide cover for site management when needed for example holidays or sickness etc.
- Working in senior engineer role supervising agency engineers work and providing them with setting out information and support.
Leeds College of building, West Yorkshire
- BTEC Higher National (HNC) Certificate in Civil (Sep 2015 – June 2017)
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Civil Engineering (Sep 2015 – June 2017)
- BTEC Level 3 in Construction and the Built (Sep 2013 – June 2015)
Environment – Merit
- St John’s Ambulance First Aid Trained
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- SHEA Gas Utilities – Clean Water
- Asbestos Awareness
- Construction Safety Competence Scheme (CSCS) Gold Card
Professionals in the same Construction / Facilities sector as Tom Miller
Professionals from different sectors near Leeds, Leeds
Other users who are called Tom
Jobs near Leeds, Leeds
Ideal Carehomes Lydgate, United Kingdom
Senior Care Assistant - Lydgate Lodge, Soothill Lane, Batley,WF17 6EZ · £12.32 per hour + paid breaks - 42 hours per week. · Fast-track your care career with Ideal Carehomes · Be part of our growing ...
Haleon Yorkshire, United Kingdom Full time
Posted Date · : · Nov 3 2023 Hello. We're Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we're improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing a ...
BSC Education Limited York, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Full time
Salary Circa: · £55,000 to £60,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus bonus · Hybrid Remote working · Core Business Hours (10 am - 4 pm)25 days plus 8 bank holidays · Enhanced sick pay · EA ...