This professional is in active search of jobs
- More than 14years of experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering – Design and Stress Analysis (CAE) in R&D based organisations, related to gas turbine, airframe sub-structures, handling equipment/fixtures and locomotive structures.
- Proficient in static and dynamic analysis of metal and composite structures using LS-DYNA, ANSYS, Altair HYPERWORKS, NASTRAN and ABAQUS.
- Finite Element Modelling (FEM) of complex geometry (gas turbine full engine/sub-assemblies, engine externals, locomotive structures, handling equipment) using HYPERWORKS, CATIA, NX and ANSYS.
- Concept studies, preliminary design iterations, field issues/root cause analyses, providing design solutions and structural optimization.
- Involved in components/equipment testing activities related to gas turbines.
- Exposure to material testing/metallography and knowledge of fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Worked on variety of CAE projects, proven ability to handle assigned work independently at the same time efficiently.
- Keen learner with ability to acquire new knowledge and skills as per organization requirements
- Customer interaction to understand design, analysis requirements and provide necessary support
- Successfully demonstrated technical and project management skills whilst working as an onsite co-ordinator for two years at Pratt and Whitney Canada.
- 2D/3D CAD modelling experience in CATIA, SOLIDWORKS and UG/NX 11 and familiar with GD&T
- Strong organizational, excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Team player, open minded with good interpersonal skills.
Acharya Nagarjuna University, Bapatla Engineering College, India.
Sep 2000 – April 2004, Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Aggregate 80.1%
Impact Analyst, June 2017 to till date with Rolls Royce plc. Derby
- Involved in various modelling, stress and dynamic analysis activities related to UltraFan demo project (geared engine).
- To perform structural, dynamic/modal, Fan Blade Off (FBO) and Core Blade Off (CBO) analysis
- Capable of building the whole engine model for LS-Dyna/Hyperworks for assessing the structural integrity of the engine.
- Understanding the engine dynamic response under critical load conditions and providing necessary design inputs for product realisation.
- Also worked on airframe sub-structures which are attached to the engine, to perform static and dynamic analyses in Nastran.
- Interaction with various departments, managing work-offload and attending project reviews.
- Results post-processing and presenting to the projects.
- Involved in process and methods development related to components FE modelling, analysis and post-processing.
NX 11(Teamcenter 10), LS-Dyna, HyperWorks, Nastran, SCO3,
Worked on various design iterations – got exposure to engine development cycle.
Knowledge of aero engine components – metallic and composites.
Gained substantial experience on complex modelling and analysis at a whole engine level.
Impact Analyst, Aug 2014 to May 2017 as a contractor at Rolls Royce plc. Derby (Assystem UK)
- To plan, perform and deliver assigned project/milestones.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Liaison with various departments to obtain input data/information.
- Modelling and analysis of aero engine components, sub-assemblies and as well at full engine level.
- Analysis post-post processing and results presentation.
- Ultrafan Composite Fan System, Composite Fan Case modal test and analysis correlations. Tools used: HyperWorks, LS-Dyna and Nastran.
- Trent XWB 84k LOTiS Fan Blade Off (FBO) Containment Analysis, Tools Used: Hypermesh, LS-Dyna.
- UltraFan FBO and TBI test rig modelling in Hypermesh.
- Modelling and analysis of UltraFan sub-assemblies, Inlet structures, Thrust Reverser.
Complex modelling and analysis capability, customer pleased with work package(s) deliverables as part of engine certification process.
Senior Engineer, Aug 2008 to May 2014 with Pratt & Whitney Canada (Cyient Limited, India)
- Worked on various projects related to turbofan, turboprop & turboshaft.
- Structural and thermal analyses of aero engine components/sub-assembly and engine externals.
- Full engine containment analyses (shaft shear and compressor blade off as per FAA certification).
- Field issues investigation, product design modifications (Intermediate Case and Gear Box Structures) and analysis support.
- Involved in testing activities related to intermediate structure and bearing structures of aero engine.
- Onsite co-coordinator to manage workflow between offshore team and project scheduling.
- Customer interaction to understand design and analysis requirements.
- Project management, mentoring small group and technical supervision.
- Presenting results to team and report writing.
Provided design suggestions/modifications for field issues to improve product life. Using analytical methods achieved substantial cost saving on engine certification process.
CATIA V5, ANSYS, LS-Dyna and HyperWorks
Stress Engineer, Jan 2008 to Aug 2008 with Faiveley Transport India Ltd.
- Supporting CAE activities related railway projects.
- Structural and shock dynamic analysis of locomotive structural components for DMRC projects.
- Hand calculations and report writing.
Engineer, Jan 2006 to Jan 2008 with Indian Space Research Organization
- Involved in process plant automation, rocket engine handling equipment realization from design stage till manufacturing, also involved in testing activities.
- Design and stress analysis of composite and metallic structures for RLV technology demonstrator.
- Inspection during equipment manufacturing and preparing technical manuals.
- Also involved in equipment purchase and bidding activities.