Care Team Leader - Learning Disability - Brighton (BB-C12EB)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hourly Rate: £9.23-£10.76 per hour
Job Code: GHBRI1
Covid Free Service
Do you share our passion for making a difference every day ? If you share our passion for making a difference, we can promise you a career environment that offers you a fantastic benefits, recognition and prospects.
Being a Team Leader at GlenholmeGlenholme Healthcare is a well-established and highly regarded social care provider and our colleagues come from many different sectors to provide person focused care for vulnerable individuals and to help them achieve their potential. Glenholme can offer you an amazing opportunity and allow you to play an important and meaningful role. Your job will be to lead a team who will help our service users to develop greater independence, enabling them to achieve their life goals.
As a Team Leader you will be classed as a " Key Worker " allowing you to provide an honourable service to your community during these troublesome times.
What you will do as a Team Leader
We are looking for passionate and hardworking team leaders to lead our teams, making sure our service users enjoy a fulfilling and meaningful life, participate within their community and develop their abilities. As a Team Leader you will supervise and motivate a team of support workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality of care and support is offered to our service users.
At all times you will be leading and promoting independence, choice and inclusion. Making sure the shifts are managed efficiently, assuring that activities, management of medication and other daily tasks including community-based activities are planned and carried out. You will also be responsible for documentation and systems and procedures during the shift..
Safety of our staff and residents is our highest priority. As such, all staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) for use at work. Also, in line with social distancing measures, all interviews are conducted via video interview and we are offering an e-learning induction training course.
- Flexible full-time (37.5-hours), part-time or bank contracts available
- Paid comprehensive training with genuine career pathways
- Fully paid care certificate training and salary increase once completed
- First-Week Pay Advance - Earn up to £350 early pay at the end of your first week
- Enrollment into our Pension scheme
- 28 holiday plus additional days with each year of service (up to 5 bonus days), and your birthday day off
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £250 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Life Insurance cover of £10,000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic entry into our Employee Assistance Programme offering:
- Personal and everyday advice on child support, financial advice, mental health, health and wellbeing.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. If all of this is of interest to you, then please contact us to arrange an interview.
Note: Some benefits may be limited or not be available during lockdown restrictions due to external factors.
Glenholme Healthcare is a social care group with 30 years’ experience supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities, complex needs and mental health conditions. We provide individualised care and support through our residential services, care homes, supported living schemes and via our outreach programmes. We are always excited to hear from prospective Care Assistants and Support Workers looking to join the industry.
What you will need
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds supervisory experience and is looking for a new opportunity. Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Able to support people with emotional, social and physical needs.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and motivating staff teams
- Providing formal supervisions and managing staff performance
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous experience in supervisory role.
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Social Care or Equivalent.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in managing and leading staffing teams to deliver positive results.
- Occasionally be able to deputise for senior staff.
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate.
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onBrighton, United Kingdom
work Glenholme Healthcare Ltd