Risk Team Leader (Flow) (BB-744F9)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Societe Generale Equipment Finance UK is a part of the global line of business of Societe Generale Equipment Finance (SGEF) which is present in 42 countries. SGEF provides vendor and equipment finance to the full breadth of the business sector. SGEF is owned by Societe Generale, an international banking group headquartered in France. SGEF UK’s office is based in Richmond-Upon-Thames. In the UK SGEF provides vendor and equipment finance in the Hi-tech, Transport, Construction, Industrial, Medical, Public Sector and Agriculture markets.
Responsible for the expert evaluation and underwriting of all business channels, in line with agreed domestic and central risk policies, individual and domestic discretions. Responsible for maintaining and promoting good governance, credit processes and agreed service levels for all business origination, approvals, collateral, and restructuring.
The team leader responsibilities will include the day to day supervision of the team, ensuring that the Risk Queues are being effectively split between each individual, with the deals being prioritised taking into consideration the introducer and the current point in the business cycle.
It will include the identification of training and/or development requirements and the monitoring of progress through regular one-to-one sessions with specific members of the team.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of credit experience, ideally with time spent analysing and interpreting financial statements/data from a variety of industries and commercial backgrounds
- Strong desire and confidence to manage and develop direct reports with support from Head of Credit; Ability to motivate, provide hands on coaching, hold regular 1:1 meetings, highlight performance management and absence issues when necessary is essential to this role
- Strong team player - the role requires is going to require someone to be very approachable, patient and flexible in their approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and efficiently both verbally and in writing to peers and senior management alike
- Leadership capabilities alongside proven communication abilities evidenced by management and motivation of risk or front line relationship teams
- Possessed of excellent analytical skills tempered with a sense of commerciality and business focus
- Possessed of a good knowledge of the asset finance industry and the various product offerings and types of funding facilities available
- Ability to competently and confidently analyse unsecured transactions in both the mid-ticket and small ticket sector
- Good experience in credit, credit analysis and underwriting of small and mid-ticket essential with some consumer experience being of benefit
- Good experience in Risk assessment of structured lending/cash flow lending based transactions
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Professional telephone manner and demeanour
- Self-disciplined, motivated and time efficient
- Act with integrity and embrace the philosophy of treating customers fairly
calendar_today11 hours ago
location_onRichmond, United Kingdom
work Societe Generale Equipment Finance - SGEF