Technical Architect (BB-5CF9D)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Description:Company Description Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are: Intelligent – we make the right choices Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy Innovative – we always ask what’s next Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives. We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide. Our story Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, well being and security often depend on them. We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted. Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go. Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management. Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure. We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more. Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most. We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation. Job Description The Technical Architect plays a hands on role in day to day delivery of technical solutions and implementations that drive forward the security posture and capability of our business. The role will require a technical background in Solution or Technical Architecture. The successful candidate does not need a lot of Technical Architect experience. Training and support will be provided to successful candidates irrespective of experience.
- Hands on design and deployment of security enforcing controls to assist the Cyber Security team to provide enhancements to the overall NPS security architecture.
- Work closely with the wider Cyber Security team to assess any potential impact of emerging vulnerabilities and CVEs to ensure that remediation and action taken is appropriate.
- Review security technologies, tools and services, and make recommendations to the broader cyber security team for their use, based on security, financial and operational metrics.
- Documentation creation and review
- Work with security analysts and engineers to refine the use of security related tools such as privilege access management, security event management and anti virus.
- Work with business areas to identify their technical needs and investigate and propose technical solutions to drive efficiencies or consolidation of technology.
- Provide technical guidance to the wider NPS business.
- Enthusiasm to look at new technologies not in use by NPS and create Proof of Concepts to determine if the technology would benefit NPS.
- Conduct technical reviews of existing solutions to review how the security could be improved
- Work with a range of application teams and engineering teams within NPS to deliver technical solutions to the corporate business.
- Experience and technical understanding of Physical, Virtual and Cloud Hosts.
- Detailed knowledge of Networking/Firewall and load balancing devices.
- Excellent technical Authoring skills.
- Proven experience designing Architectures within a small to medium enterprise environment
- Extensive experience with Cloud-hosted software solutions – particularly client-facing digital applications for web and mobile
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape such as ISO 27001
- Good hands on deployment and operation of security products such as Anti-Virus/Encryption/Device control or general operational IT tooling
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across a range of functions and teams.
- High degree of personal motivation and ability to self-manage
- Hands on technical experience working with range of disciplines from server, networks, storage, monitoring and backup
- Self learning capacity to ensure that we remain on top of emerging technologies and potential security threats.
- Experience and technical understanding of Public and Private Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and VMware
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services.
- Experience at a technical and analytical level of working with a SIEM
- Experience working within a shared environment with multiple tenants and requirements.
- Knowledge of HMG security guidance and successful application of the principles within formally accredited solutions
- Understanding of agile / DevOps project methods
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- This role offers a competitive salary.
calendar_today11 hours ago
location_onEngland, United Kingdom
work Northgate Public Services