Head of Legal Distribution (BB-F722D)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Reading, Havant, Dublin, London (other locations will be considered)
Salary: from c£85,000 (depending on skills and experience) + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
What is the role?
This is a newly created, high profile role where you'll report to the Deputy General Counsel of Legal Services, with additional reporting responsibilities to the Managing Director of our SSEN Distribution business. As the Legal Business Partner, you'll be an integral member of the Distribution Executive Management team, in the development and implementation of strategic planning to optimise the successful and compliant delivery of business goals.
You will take key responsibility for:-
- Managing all commercial, construction, property, competition, consumer and regulatory advice across SSEN Distribution and the wider SSE Group, leading negotiations on complex, high value and strategically significant contracts.
- Input to any regulatory investigations which may arise within SSEN Distribution, and take accountability for all property and consenting matters which may arise in connection with the operation of the SSEN Distribution businesses.
- Managing, supporting and develop a team of lawyers and paralegals based across the UK in the provision of pragmatic legal advice on interpretation of licence conditions, potential judicial reviews, regulatory conclusions and any other appropriate legal matters that arise within the SSEN Distribution businesses.
- Working alongside the Deputy General Counsel and other Heads of Legal to assist the development of the strategic and legal priorities for the wider SSE Legal Services department, developing talent and continually improving the legal service offering.
- Taking accountability as required for a variety of projects, effectively prioritising team workloads and operating under demanding deadlines.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:-
- Experience as a solicitor or barrister who has practised for either a law firm or an in-house legal team.
- Clear communication skills with experience of providing high quality and effective legal advice, whilst striving to meet tight timelines.
- Excellent commercial and construction experience, ideally gained within the energy industry and/or a similarly regulated sector, with a particular focus on how regulated organisations should discharge their obligations.
- Experience of managing, motivating and supporting teams who manage high volume, yet often very complex property matters.
- Project Management skills, with experience of operating within multi-functional project teams.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering whats in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, were proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE were proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here .
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please get in touch to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process - / 01738 512208.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Copyright 2021 EqualEngineers - All Rights Reserved
calendar_today3 days ago
location_onGlasgow, United Kingdom