SHE Officer (BB-F450D)
Found in: CV Library UK
Description:We are currently recruiting for a SHE Officer within our Health & Safety department based at our Walker & Son site in Leicester.
Walker & Son is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
The H&S Technician will support the SHE Manager by making sure that they day to day operation of the H&S department is functioning correctly. They will be the first point of call for review of incidents, will be involved in inspections & audits and will coach the managers and supervisor to take responsibility for health & safety in their areas of expertise. They will also be required to monitor performance of the site on energy and water efficiency along with waste management, identify and plan environmental related activities, campaigns, and awareness training.
To undertake projects as directed by the SHE Manager and assist in training and coaching where applicable e.g. inductions and contractor controls. To collate performance information and offer improvement insight as appropriate. Solve problems and work with the site team, be positive and enthusiastic about making the site the safe, healthy and environmentally compliant for those who work there.
Liaise with the external bodies (EA, Fire department, local council, local charities/community groups) and other organisations with similar interests, where appropriate.
* Assist in the investigation of incidents as directed by the SHE Manager
* Assist the SHE Manager to develop and implement the sites compliance processes and procedures to meet Site and Group targets, relevant legislation, Permits and environmental 4R action plan
* Identify and promote opportunities for improvement from any incident investigation
* Collate monthly performance and statistical information and identify any trends in performance – communicate to the SHE Manager and wider business.
* Carry out inspections and audits of key risk areas as directed by the SHE Manager
* Assist in the coaching and training of managers and team leaders so they understand their responsibilities for health & safety and how to discharge their duties
* Help promote our H&S Journey with the wider site population
* Carry out improvement project work as directed by the SHE Manager including further improvement of the safety management / environmental management systems
* Participate in learning, including continuous professional development
* Deputise for the SHE Manager in their absence
* Providing environmental training to staff, where required
* Keep up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* Will have worked as a H&S Technician/Officer in a manufacturing/warehousing/transport environment – preferably food. Will have some experience of key food industry hazards such as machinery guarding especially taking into use, workplace transport, legionella controls, ammonia refrigeration, contractor control and PTW
* Will have experience of implementing safety management systems and investigating and learning from incidents under supervision and in support of a H&S Manager
* They will be passionate about pursuing a career in health, safety & environment and willing to learn
* Up to date knowledge of H&S, environmental legislation, such as packaging regulations
* Working towards NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent (European Qualification Framework (EQF) Level 4)
* Associate or Technical Member of IOSH
* National / professional qualification in Environmental Management or similar subject or at least 2 years relevant experience in a similar role
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets
calendar_today1 day ago