Network Systems Engineer (BB-15BE4)
Found in: CV Library UK
Description:About The Role
To take responsibility for a number of key areas across the business across new product introduction, delivery, support and system maintenance, all focused around IP based systems. The candidate is expected to be able to manage key deliverables and be able to adjust priorities when needed while keeping clear and regular communication to management and other key stakeholders.
The candidate will work in conjunction with the network engineering team to provide top quality overall solutions. In addition, the candidate will be required to attend client meetings in order to capture requirements, produce handover documentation and manage pre and post integration testing.
It is expected that the role has a 50/50 split between office based work and onsite field work including but not limited to fault diagnostics.
What you will be doing
- Perform architectural planning and design along with configuration and integration support.
- Provide operational support for complex, wireless network deployments, infrastructure and management of end to end wireless solutions.
- Customer requirements and build into a cohesive, consistent, standardised IP based
- Troubleshoot problems identified during testing and drive them to resolution including working with test and measurement equipment used to test and troubleshoot IP and RF networks.
- Basic programming/coding of network tools and systems.
- Maintaining VM platform.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms - document, build, and execute test plans to qualify vendor solutions, develop evaluation criteria and scoring and perform integration testing of network elements.
- Technical implementation of design solutions.
- Maintaining network servers.
- Maintaining IP network.
- Network automation.
- Develop 4G and 5G private LTE network architectures.
- Conduct value engineering economic, alternative, and feasibility evaluations and develop network element technical specifications.
- Completion of project documentation.
What is Required for the role -
- 5-10 years’ experience.
- Fundamental knowledge in all packet based protocols such as TCP / IP (including protocols like DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, etc.), switching and routing protocols.
- Knowledge in IPv6 and transition technologies used to manage IPv4 exhaustion and incompatibilities as they relate to assigned projects.
- Detailed understanding of modern router architecture.
- Knowledge of LAN switching architecture, design and implementation.
- Familiar service provider environment.
- Strong UNIX/LINUX administration.
- Understanding diagnostic tools, Tcpdump, Wireshark, NMAP, Netflow.
- Knowledge of NMS such as OpenNMS or similar.
- Experience of managing Virtual Server Environments.
- Network automation exposure with experience in Python software development and network infrastructure management using CLI, SNMP, NETCONF interfaces.
- Experience of automation frameworks such as Ansible.
- Experience with different component of Cellular Core and RAN of mobile network.
- Having Cisco network certifications - CCNP (routing and switching) or equivalent as a minimum.
- Experienced in data communications and networking principles; standards.
- Experienced in traffic engineering and bandwidth capacity management.
If this role sounds of interest, please get in touch today - EH20 Group
calendar_today11 hours ago
location_onLondon, United Kingdom