Found in: Talent UK
Definition of the role & responsibilities for employees holding the position of:
To be part of the G.A Group, is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The Librarian has one of the key roles at G.A Design.
Without the information and samples contained in the library, the project teams are unable to fulfil their roles. G.A Design is dependent on new and exciting products to meet our client’s expectation and our good reputation in the market place is based partly on the use of high quality materials.
New ideas are the lifeline of the company and the Librarian is the source of our knowledge.
Gain knowledge of the office style and be pro-active in sourcing new products and elements which reinforce the G.A vision.
In order to support the project teams, you are required to organise, maintain and update the current Library and assist the Architectural and FF&E Design Teams by sourcing relevant materials, literature, samples and technical information.
In addition, your expertise is required in assisting the design teams preparing sample boards, image boards and visuals for bid documents and project presentations.
– To update and maintain all aspects of the Library (architectural library & samples, FF&E library & samples).
– Establish and maintain an organised information system (on the shelves and electronically) to allow the easy retrieval of all relevant information.
– Keeping the library organised and tidy.
– Maintain, organise and up-date all catalogues, files, materials, price lists, samples reference indexes and magazines.
– To update and maintain the contact directory for all supplier details.
– Schedule appointments and work with various representatives.
– Organise and maintain a schedule for presentations by trade contractors to the office (i.e. lunch time presentations).
– Organise office outings during or after office hours to visit showrooms, buildings, manufacturers and trade shows.
– Introduce new resources and screen others.
– Source internationally.
– Assist with the production of presentation documents and boards as required by Designers.
– General assistance to Designers (architectural and FF&E).
– Keep up-to-date with current design trends by attending relevant exhibitions and provide the design teams with information/presentations from these exhibitions (Senior Designers to review relevance of visit for the office).
– Organise, maintain and update the image library (hardcopy and electronically).
– Take on reception duties in case of short term unavailability of the receptionist (i.e. sick leave) and answering telephone calls.
– Assist FF&E Designer with purchase of accessories as required.
– Assist with FF&E benchmarking exercises.
– Order all required presentation stationary including presentation boards, mount card, tape, wadding etc to ensure that stationary items are always immediately available for presentation production.
– Make appointments with trade contractors.
– Schedule and organise trade contractor presentations.
– Schedule trade show visits (subject to sign off by G.A Associate)
– Develop and introduce organisational systems for the Library.
The Librarian should have a good knowledge of the design industry. Therefore we require:
– Design education and/or potential design quality
– Typing and computer knowledge
– Good organisational skills
– Initiative to be pro-active
– Ability to work alone without supervision
– Senior Associate
calendar_today5 days ago