Teaching Assistant (BB-C5A86)
Found in: Talent UK
Do you have a passion for developing the minds of young people? Are you a good role model who believes that with enough work and commitment anything is possible? Maybe you've always wanted to teach but don't have the qualifications or a way into teaching? If you have answered 'yes' to any of the above, you could be the Teaching Assistant we are looking for.
You will be an ambitious Teaching Assistant who can work in partnership with our Teacher to motivate and inspire a group of learners who have not had good experiences of Education up until now. You will support learners to build up their confidence and self-belief. You will help our students see that they are worth something and that they have a future.
This role isn't just about helping our students gain qualifications, it's about helping them to see a life beyond the qualification. It's about playing an essential role in helping young people to find their future
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working with individual or groups of children, assisting in ensuring pupils are kept on task and complete activities set by teachers.
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher
- Delivery of SEN interventions
- Helping to implement lesson plans, aims and contents with the teacher
- Providing feedback to pupils
- Taking charge of small groups of pupils for defined activities
- Supporting and working with the teacher in testing/assessment
In addition, you will be:
- Taking responsibility for a whole class during the temporary absence of a teacher
- Working with challenging students away from the classroom as a respite strategy
- Working external to the school site, e.g. on trips, educational visits etc...
Click here to view full Job Description
- Trained to at least to NVQ2 standard
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of teaching children with EAL, SEN, Speech and language difficulties and other complex needs
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of equal opportunities, discrimination, health and safety, SEN & safeguarding of children
- High expectations of pupils’ behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging pupils
- Ability to motivate and encourage children appropriately
- Ability to work independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual pupils
Essential personal qualities
- Ability to cope with emotionally demanding situations
- The ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships
- Good communication skills and able to clarify and explain instructions clearly
- Commitment to raising the levels of achievement of children of all abilities
- Committed to and be able to actively demonstrate safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Click here for Person Specification
Term Time Only - 37 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
Salary: £17,942.40 full time equivalent per annum
We are looking to appoint as quickly as possible and will close this job off to new applicants when we have enough suitable candidates to interview. We, therefore, encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Catch22 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
calendar_today3 days ago