Mechanical Engineer (BB-93F26)
Found in: Talent UK
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer based at our site in Fleswick Court, Cumbria. You will join a team that has vast experience in Mechanical Engineering and provide professionally competent specialist services to the Sellafield Site.
Within this role you will be working on exciting remediation project across the Sellafield site which range in complexity from small renewal projects to large scale installations. Cavendish Nuclear are a key support partner to the site and this opportunity will provide you the opportunity to progress in your career.
Tasks include providing in depth, expert design services including design schemes, cost/time scale estimates and detailed drawings. You will work closely with the senior engineers to ensure that accurate design solutions are provided to the projects in line with budget and required quality requirements.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
You will need to have experience in a mechanical design role and have the gravitas to take lead on complex work packages.; We would also like you to have experience with the below;
• Providing cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
• Providing design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
• Design Schemes
• Design Proposal Drawings
• Detail Drawings
• General Assemblies
• Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
• Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
• Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
• Understands the requirements of CE marking.
• Preferably, AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space and ideally; will have Inventor experience.
What else do I need to know?
• The role is based at our site in Fleswick Court, Cumbria.
• Candidates will need to have experience of working on nuclear projects.
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear brings together much of the UK’s rich nuclear heritage to create one of the largest specialist nuclear services organisations, at home and abroad. Our heritage dates back to the earliest days of nuclear research and development.
Cavendish Nuclear is licensed to operate thirteen nuclear sites in the UK, we are strategic partners to EDF Energy on the lifetime extensions of their fleet and work with Hitachi to deliver a new fleet of nuclear power plant. Our expertise in the design and build of waste treatment facilities, together with our experience of waste management and fuel-handling, makes us a key supplier at Sellafield and other NDA sites.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000 we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally and are trusted to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality, security and environmental protection for our customers.
We believe that this is strategically imperative to ensure the long term success of the nuclear sector in the UK and will greatly enhance our ability to export the broader UK nuclear industry capability.
calendar_today23 hours ago