Youth Support Volunteer (BB-2C2CB)
Found in: Talent UK
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS MAINLY BASED IN HAVERING - RM3
Do you want to volunteer for a new youth work charity that is aiming to make a difference to young peoples lives in East London?
We are a brand new charity with various and wide range of volunteer roles to help us build a solid foundation for our charity from management roles, to frontline youth work roles and of course office based/support roles.
Join our new charity and help us make maximum impact for young people.
Eastside Youth is a new youth work charity, that started in January 2017 and is based in East London aiming to change the lives of young people and has been set up in response to the massive and severe funding cuts and closures of youth services across East London, leaving young people with lack of services and feeling isolated in a time where young people already feel segregated from society with no real voice.
#YouthWorkChangesLives and at Eastside Youth we aim to facilitate that change by giving young people aged 11 to 19 years old based in East London the tools and skills to lead active and independent lives by providing interactive and engaging structured youth activities, training opportunities and support that will help improve their physical, mental, emotional, social and educational well-being.
We have already launched our youth project in Havering East London in partnership with Havering Council, so you will be joining a newly started group and will be vital to the team and project. The LGBT + Youth Group is initially a monthly group (1st Monday of each month) 6pm to 8pm (5:30pm/5:45pm to 8:30pm for volunteers) until we have secured funding to ensure the group is sustainable on a weekly basis.
We are seeking volunteers to join us as Youth Support Workers for 5-8 hours per month (3 hours of which is 1st Monday of month at 5:30/5:45pm to 8:30/8:45pm, the other hours are flexible for session planning, promoting the youth group and other needed tasks).
1. Planning, organising and running activities and sessions for young LGBT + people.
2. Ensuring the health and safety and wellbeing of all young people attending, including safeguarding.
3. Assisting in writing funding applications and doing fundraising for funds for the group.
4. Promoting, flyering and publicising the youth project to attract young LGBT + people to attend, including attending school assemblies and talking to young people around the area.
5. Attending internal/external meetings, training sessions and open evenings.
6. Filling in session recording forms and carrying out health and safety checks and Risk Assessments.
7. Other tasks required for the role.
People we are looking for:
1. Can do attitude.
2. Fantastic people skills (Friendly, Approachable, Confident in talking to young people).
3. Excellent time keeping and punctuality.
4. Organised and able to plan and deliver activities.
5. Good standard of reading and writing.
6. Excellent people and presentation skills.
7. Good understanding of confidentiality, safeguarding/child protection and equal opportunities.
8. Ability to commit 1st Monday of each month 5:30pm to 8:30pm and occasional weekends.
Eastside Youth Offers:
1. A great opportunity to join this new role and be part of an amazing team and culture, shaping a start-up organisation that will make a big impact in the community and to the lives of young people.
2. An opportunity to get hands on experience in a role that will look good on your CV and provide you with professional and personal development opportunities.
3. A reference for any future employer or training course.
4. An opportunity to be part of the LGBT + community, making a difference to young LGBT lives and the wider community.
5. So much more than just a volunteer role.
To apply email us your CV and we will get in touch with further info and a short application form.
Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook: @EastsideYP.
calendar_today3 days ago