Production Planner (BB-06A25)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Production Planner - Wolverhampton
£30k per annum 25 + 8 days holiday per annum
A new opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join a technically advanced manufacturing company and become an integral part of the planning team.
This role will be responsible for overseeing customer schedule translation to internal planning processes. Auditing internal planning attainment with a goal of 100% adherence. Maintaining stock planning calculations in line with objectives, lean methodology and fulfilling customer requirements. Developing and the maintenance of KPI controls relevant to customer / supplier delivery and stock performance.
- Analysis of customer schedules - translation into sales data, capacity and manning planning.
- Review, communicate and monitor weekly demands against long term forecasts and equipment commercial agreed volumes.
- To level demand & align all stock profiles (finished, shopstock, pool stock, safety) to compensate for fluctuation, then plan processes to meet internal / customer needs.
- Monitor, support and co-ordinate physical stock checks, compare and maintain system accuracy. KPI and oversee related improvement plans.
- To monitor, record and communicate adherence to plan, stock levels and customer fluctuation. When applicable to advise, agree and implement corrective plans.
- Regular and effective communication with customers and internal departments.
- To maintain SAP to enable efficient parts ordering, production planning with a target of 100% delivery and stock target performance.
- Be a key member of the NPI GPCS process with the responsibility for co-ordinating all production planning and related logistics activities.
- To support, progress, deliver and communicate new product introduction and Build out end of life key phases, related volumes and expectations as when applicable.
- To support and maintain pull process - either via system or control via Kanban cards.
- To maintain customer systems and portals.
- Oversee and support customer performance reviews relevant to logistics. Could include travel as and when required.
- Main customer contact in relation to scheduling, delivery performance, vehicle co-ordination and support packaging issues.
- Active instigation / participation in Continuous Improvement / problem solving activities
- Customer systems and maintenance
- SAP (MRP and ERP) experience and Microsoft proficient
- A good interdepartmental communicator that can solve issues systematically & objectively
- Production planning and inventory control.
- Demonstrated success in a high quality, high volume, lean environment.
- Business process experience - Proven track record with automotive sector (possibly 1st tier)
- Experience within a planning deployment environment
- NVQ 4 - In a relevant engineering discipline or ILM equivalent
- HNC - IOSCM Level or MP&L equivalent
calendar_today4 days ago