Civil Enforcement Officer (BB-B9C38)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Do you enjoy working outdoors, helping people and have great communication skills?
Do you have excellent customer service skills and enjoy being active?
Do you want to make a difference?
If so, NSL are currently recruiting for a Civil Enforcement Officer to be based at our Worthing office
What you will be doing...
Our Civil Enforcement Officers are the eyes and ears of the local community, patrolling areas, providing advice to residents, and members of the public, whist enforcing road traffic orders and issuing parking fines. You will play a significant role in reducing traffic congestion and improving air quality through the enforcement of parking restrictions. Your aim is to keep roads congestion free and keep traffic moving.
Your day will be spent, mostly outside, in all weathers, patrolling areas and then enforcing, so please consider this before you apply. You will be dealing with members of the public face to face, so customer service must be something you enjoy, sometimes in difficult situations.
You will be required to work up to 42.5 hours per week (for a full-time contract), working 5 out of 7 days, Monday to Sunday (including 1 Sunday per month). Shifts vary so flexibility for the role is essential.
Your day-to-day duties may include but not limited to:
- reporting defective signs and road markings or any suspect vehicles
- patrolling streets and car parks, checking regulations are being followed
- giving advice to the public on parking regulations and facilities within your area
- checking parking tickets and issuing Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
- writing simple reports and pocketbook notes
- checking parking meters and car park equipment, reporting damage or faults
- working with other enforcement teams like police community support officers or the police, to report crimes or anti-social behaviour
- Using handheld computers for printing, issuing, and recording PCN's
- Using radios to communicate with your supervisor's
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- Full Free uniform
- Paid Holiday - up to 28 days including bank holidays
- Enhanced overtime rate
- Bank holidays paid at double time
- Pension scheme
- Employee Benefit Scheme- Including Cycle to Work Scheme Discounts
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
- Training & development opportunities
- Employee Consultative Committee to represent the voice of colleagues
We are an equal opportunities employer
calendar_today5 days ago