Control System Application Engineer (BB-5AD54)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Control Systems Application Engineer
Our client develops controls and instrumentation used in the marine sector. They are looking to recruit a Control Systems Application Engineer to work on bid and proposals, focusing on future opportunities and driving business growth.
You'll be part of the wider software team, who provide software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle.
The systems that you would be working on are used in maritime defence projects - therefore due to the level of security clearance required we are only able to consider applications from sole UK passport holders.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Develop PLC code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Selection & Specification of COTS PLC equipment.
- Design and integration of PLC control systems, with an emphasis on Siemens products.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
- Production of technical documentation.
Specialist Knowledge or experience of either:
- Siemens TIA Portal - S7-1500
- Rockwell Studio5000 - Control Logix with enhanced redundancy
- GE ControlST - Mark VIs.
WinCC OA SCADA would be advantageous
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
calendar_today4 days ago