Senior QA Engineer (BB-164A9)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 16,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
What we do:
We aim to place clients and consumers at the heart of everything we do. We help them to make the most of their data and realise their ambitions by enabling quicker, smarter decisions using our analytics and software.
The breadth, depth and accuracy of data, combined with analytics, help to drive informed and trusted decisions for our clients. We hold and manage powerful data sets, including credit data on 989 million people and 111 million businesses.
The data we hold varies, for example from how you have repaid credit in the past, to whether a car has been in an accident, to your eligibility for healthcare services in the USA, to how you like to respond to online advertising. Our industry experts collaborate with our data analysts and scientists to create innovative analytics and software to help solve our clients’ challenges.
We help millions of consumers to:
• better access financial services;
• understand and improve their financial position;
• protect their identity; and
• know that their data is correct.
We help thousands of businesses and organisations to:
• manage credit risk;
• prevent fraud;
• better understand their customers; and
• better understand their markets and allocate resources.
Our clients come from a wide variety of areas, including financial services (33%), consumers (19%), healthcare (7%), retail (5%), telecoms and utilities (5%), automotive (5%), insurance (4%), media/technology (3%) and government and public sector (2%).
We provide services in North America, Latin America, UK and Ireland and EMEA/Asia Pacific, and we manage and report our performance across those regions. North America accounts for the largest proportion of revenues (56%), while Latin America accounts for 17%, UK and Ireland for 19%, and EMEA/Asia Pacific for 8%.
We employ more than 16,000 people across 37 countries. Our corporate headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, USA; and São Paulo, Brazil. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Market capitalisation was approximately £16bn as at May 2017 and, for the past three years, Experian has been named by Forbes magazine as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies'.
• Enforce and Adhere to Standards, Principles, Best Practices, Frameworks and Tooling.
• Ensure multiple lines of defense to secure product engineering excellence within the team.
• Advocate of best practice in Software Quality Assurance (by design and process) and Quality Control (by validation) methodologies within the team.
• Ensure that best practices are followed by the team and aim to improve skillset in Quality across all team members.
• Ensure that the team's deliverables have adequate test coverage (functional and non-functional) to ensure acceptable risk in use
• Certify and enforce that stories and epics are truly done in terms of all quality aspects of the definition of done
• Oversee that the various Quality activities are taking place within the Scrum team:
o Creating automated test cases for new features and defects fixed
o Running of the automated test suite
o Triaging of results
o Capturing defects
o Leading root cause analysis and execute defect prevention improvement within the team
• Oversee that all the team members are participating in Quality activities, and to support them.
• Contribute to the Quality Report(s) for the Group's deliverables in respect of the team's contributions
• Drive test automation within the Team (as a whole-team approach, in conjunction with the Team lead and Team PO)
• Drive continual improvement around quality metrics, including proof of concepts to evaluate technologies/tools/process, testing strategy within the team.
• Provide the necessary in-house training for testing tools, Methodologies, QA process and procedures for the team.
• Support professional development.
• Participate in GSG Communities.
What do we offer:
• Fantastic learning and career development opportunities in a fast-growth and truly dynamic FTSE Top-20 business.
• Exposure to advanced technology and superb training; Experian has been listed in the worlds Top-100 Most Innovative Companies for 5 years running!
• Extensive benefits including bonus, share options scheme, generous pension and life assurance, 25 days holiday with 8-day buy/sell as well as a huge array of wider benefits and services.
• A positive, collegial, supportive and family focussed culture with well-being at it’s core and focus on flexibility and work-life balance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
• Understanding and familiarity with some good Java design and Software Engineering processes/methods such as:
o Architecture design
o Design Patterns
o Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
o CI/CD, DevOps and Test Automation
o TDD – Test Driven Development, BDD – Behavioral Driven Development
o Automated unit testing (e.g. JUnit)
o Automated functional testing (e.g. TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium)
o Mocking Framework (e.g. JMockit, Mockito, WireMock)
• Certified Tester - Foundation Level in Software Testing or equivalent
o Significant testing experience, supporting or consulting in a Data Transformation product environment
o Strong understanding of data transformation processes
o Automation of product testing processes both from a functional point-of-view and a complex data-scenario suitability and accuracy point-of-view
o Internal customer facing skills
o Ability to translate complex data requirements into product capabilities
o Knowledge of complex hierarchical data structures (i.e. JSON, XML etc)
o Ability to setup the QA requirements from scratch
calendar_today5 days ago