Senior Developer (BB-DC298)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with operational SME’s and business stakeholders to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Writing well designed, defect free, testable and efficient code leveraging best practices and reuse
• Producing all design documentation and conduct “show and tell” sessions with key business SME’s
• Staying in tune with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and technical delivery
• Reacting quickly to software errors and service problems to limit downtime and resolve any problems during agile development sprints or production warranty periods
• Sharing knowledge and provide expert advice regarding programming methods, tools and standards, contribute to the reviews of colleagues’ work
• Producing technical impact assessments and effort estimates based on business requirements
• Acting as a mentor to more junior developers assisting and guiding where necessary
What we’re looking for:
• Industry recognized certification (Pega CSSA or above would be a strong advantage)
• Experience of working with cloud based tools, ideally AWS
• Experience in DevOps implementation and ability to identify automation and integration opportunities to enable continuous improvement in application development processes
• Passionate about creating long term change with a view to improve colleague and customer journeys
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Would be ideal to have knowledge of the financial sector – specifically Payments Exceptions and Investigations (Pega Smart Investigate)
• Nice to have knowledge on SWIFT, FED, CHIPS, SEPA, FPS file/msg formats and payments processing flow
• Knowledge of middleware and backend components (Tomcat, PostGreSQL etc)
• A general knowledge of current IT development trends and Payment industry trends
Where will you be working?
Barclays House is a distinctive looking eight floor building, based in the heart of Poole. We have an expansive restaurant and a coffee shop which boast a sun terrace for the warmer months and accessible sporting facilities on offer. We’re are also within close reach of the shopping centre, old town and railway and bus stations.
calendar_today5 days ago