Learning Support Assistant (BB-597D0)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Description:Each year there are more and more students in need of additional learning support and without the support of people like you they will struggle to reach their full potential.
LSAs (Learning Support Assistants) also known as teaching assistants play a crucial role in student life, whether the students have additional language needs or struggle with dyslexia, their role cannot be understated.
I talk to a lot of brilliant graduates and it's a common misconception that you must be highly knowledgeable in a wide range of subjects to offer classroom support, this is totally untrue, the most important skills for a good LSA are people skills and the ability to think outside the box, if you can help students to understand abstract ideas and do it with a smile then you will be a fantastic learning support assistant.
I am currently working with a lovely Lambeth based school who seek graduates to join their growing team now and in September 2021.
I am looking for people with experience working with young people, whether it be tuition, working in a local youth club or mentoring during your own time at School, we would love to hear from you today!
This role will cover a range of subjects depending on the needs of each individual student however there will be a strong emphasis on the core subjects, especially English, you don't need to prepare any work, it's simply a matter of giving moral support and helping students not only learn but learn how to learn as well.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and learn in an environment where every day is a learning experience with plenty of room for career progression and you will gain invaluable experience along the way while making a real difference, many LSAs go on to become Teachers themselves.
More about this position:
• You will be working one to one with students that require support in their learning, helping them to overcome challenges and improve their understanding and overall performance in School.
• There will be a strong focus on literacy, particularly with English as a Secondary language and mild dyslexia
• Opportunity to train as a Teacher for particularly strong applicants
We are looking for people who:
• Hold a degree or have relevant experience working with young people at the Secondary level
• Have a passion for education with aspirations to train as a Teacher in the future
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Are enthusiastic, positive and love to get involved
• Enjoy working with young people
• Are adaptable and flexible
Why work with us?
• We offer additional training (CPD) throughout the School year and its absolutely free
• We offer the best rate of pay in London and should you decide to use a payroll company we will also cover the cost
• We work with the best Schools in London and the vast majority of people working with Horizon Teachers go on to become Teachers themselves
4.8* rating on Google - we are the highest rated agency in London
We are currently doing all registrations online, it's never been easier and more straightforward to get involved
calendar_today4 days ago