Costs Draftsperson - Liverpool (BB-0CA43)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Do you currently work in a Legal Costs team and looking for your next move? Keoghs are looking for an experienced Costs Drafts Person to join the team in the Liverpool office, to deal with a wide range of costs matters, including
negotiating costs on EL/PL/RTA matters. To pursue the settlement of costs as soon as practicably possible. It is important that the job holder can quickly review files & formulate initial costs strategy, provide comprehensive advice to clients, commence early telephone negotiations with other side and liaise, as required, with Insurers throughout the life of the file. The job holder will be responsible for providing a cradle to grave service including the drafting, as required, of Points of Dispute and other formal documents.
Responsible for management of own caseload using in-house case management system including timely and accurate maintenance of the system along with billing and management information – ensuring completeness of records in order to aid business decision making.
• Chargeable hours target to be agreed depending on experience
• Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team.
• Preparing points of dispute and considering replies.
• Reviewing files.
• Identifying strengths and weaknesses and preparing a document to reflect this.
• Preparing cost strategy reports.
• Settling costs.
• Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls.
• Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements.
• Updating reports.
• Meeting agreed performance targets.
• Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested.
• Instruct Counsel or Costs Lawyer to attend Detailed Assessment or alternatively conduct own advocacy.
• To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• 2 years’ experience as a minimum in a similar costs draftsperson role either claimant or defendant.
• Previous experience of client liaison.
• Experience of preparing Points of Dispute and considering replies.
• Good standard of education – 3 GCSE’s grade C or above or equivalent including Maths, English & Science as a minimum.
• Good telephone negotiation skills
• Previous experience of handling own caseload.
• Have an understanding of the Detailed Assessment process, Cost Case Law and Insurance Litigation practice & process.
• Ability to use own initiative.
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to act as part of a team.
• Proficient IT skills.
• Education – Degree and/or LPC and/or ALCD.
• Conducted own advocacy.
What you can expect from us:
• A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
• Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
• Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week
• Death In Service – after 1 year
• Pension Contribution
• Health Cash Plan
• 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (opportunity to buy & sell 3 days)
Keoghs is one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We combine proven processes, technology and a low cost infrastructure with deep legal and insurance market knowledge. This enables us to create individual solutions for each of our clients that match their requirements in terms of quality, performance and value for money.
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;
• We listen, are down to earth and supportive
• We work together towards a common goal
• We’re friendly with a can do attitude
• We care about our clients
• We evolve
Keoghs is a Disability Confident employer and we endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates.
If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability please contact or telephone 01204 672278 and ask to speak to Recruitment.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
calendar_today1 day ago