Senior Manager, Payments, Technology & Digital Risk, Financial Services, Risk Advisory (BB-9D407)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
As our Risk Advisory business continues to grow, we have an opportunity for a Payments Manager to join our established payments team within our Financial Services practice. The Payments industry is experiencing unprecedented levels of change as a result of technological and business model change, the advent of PSD2 and Open Banking, new FinTech challengers and major changes to the UK and Europe’s payment scheme infrastructures, and it is therefore an area of increasing strategic importance to our clients.
In light of increased market demand we are seeking to grow our Payments Risk team. We are seeking individuals with the drive, leadership and vision to help deliver our current portfolio of payments risk advisory and assurance engagements with a range of clients from the largest global financial services companies, payments schemes, major corporates and smaller emerging payments players. We are looking for high performing professionals that can also help us develop our market offerings and develop our practice further.
Our Payments Risk team works with organisations to help assess the critical risks and challenges facing their payments businesses and operations. Our specialists help our clients to manage and mitigate their payments risks, embed change within their payments IT and operations functions, understand the impact of regulation and emerging innovations, and address the challenges facing their businesses.
If you have experience of Payments Risk either from Industry or Professional Services, we would like to speak to you.
Our Payments Risk team sits within our Technology and Digital Risk function, which is part of the Deloitte Risk Advisory practice. Risk Advisory is one of the fast growing teams in Deloitte and therefore we can offer unrivalled career growth and learning opportunities.
Our principle work areas are:
• IT Risk Management
• Project Risk Management
• IT Internal Audit
• IT Governance
• Digital Risk Management
• Operational Resilience
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
You will have responsibility for:
• Delivering and managing a wide range of client engagements which could include payments assurance, controls and regulatory reviews, business operations process reviews, technology and IT architecture reviews, change and project management, regulatory implementation support, financial crime reviews, enhancing compliance capabilities and supporting clients to understand the impact of new innovations.
• Managing junior resources to deliver engagements, and developing their skills through training and knowledge sharing.
• Building a network of internal and client contacts in the Payments area.
• Budgeting and oversight of engagement financials.
• Building payment propositions within cross-service line teams to engage our clients.
• Development of proposals to obtain new business.
• Developing our Payments Risk portfolio, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leadership activities.
• Gaining experience of various Payments technologies and innovations and understanding/managing risks associated with these.
• Monitoring market developments and keeping up to date with the latest Payments developments.
• Running training activities to train other staff in payments skills.
• Supporting our other Technology & Digital Risk propositions (as described below).
• Coordinating engagements and knowledge sharing across the wider Deloitte firm and internationally.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak with us about the working pattern that works best for you.
London or Regional Offices
This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
For this role you will have:
• Strong academics in relevant degree.
• Strong experience in working in Payments and related projects, or within a Payments orientated business.
• A proactive mind-set, with the ability to take responsibility and drive key actions forward.
• The ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to aid effective interaction with senior clients and stakeholders.
• Experience of managing junior staff.
• Experience of managing budgets.
• Experience in several of following areas:
• Experience in a risk, audit, technical, operational or product capacity in relation to payments within a Bank, Payments Processor, Payment Service Provider or Scheme.
• An understanding of payments schemes such as CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments, SWIFT, SEPA etc.
• An understanding of Card Schemes.
• An understanding of payment regulations and their implications on regulated entities, for example, PSD2, Interchange Fee Regulation and the SWIFT Customer Security Programme.
• Emerging payment technologies and trends such as Open Banking, Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technology, mobile payments and FinTech.
• Strong technical abilities in IT and operational risk methodologies.
• Experience of implementation of payment controls.
• Experience working with Payments bodies, schemes and central banks such as SWIFT, Pay.UK and Bank of England.
calendar_today5 days ago