VMware Engineer / Technical Specialist (BB-8686D)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
IntaPeople are currently supporting a globally based technology focussed consultancy who require several VMware engineers/specialists to join the team. The teams are AGILE, supporting multiple products with a challenging and exciting roadmap and opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of the organisation.
- Upgrade and Maintain VMWare ESX and its associated infrastructure
- Provide Backup and restore VMWare servers and virtual sessions
- Drive RCA preparation and meeting SLA for RCA submission along with planning and implementing fixes/patches
- Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers and complex health check-ups
- Identify and recommend improvements in existing processes
- Adhere to all the account specific technical as well as general process/procedures
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong understanding of VMware products (Horizon, vRealize, vSphere, NSX Cloud)
- Experience in VMware NSX Ecosystem and Stack (NSX Manager, NSX Controllers, Component Security), VXLAN, NIC Teaming
- Hands on with Assigning IP Addresses to VTEP's, Installing and configuring Base NSXv & NSX-mh Components
- Proficient in controlling administrator rights on VM Infrastructure
- Troubleshooting skills of VMware ESX & ESXi & vSphere versions and Troubleshooting at user level issues
- Excellent Knowledge of x86 Servers with one or more of the following hardware vendors: HP Chassis & Rackmount, Cisco UCS, etc
- Knowledge & troubleshooting skills on Storage Technologies: RAIDs, Fiber Channel, and iSCSI with one of the following vendors: HP 3Par, EMC, Netapp, etc
- Proficient in VMware technologies like VMware high availability, VMware Vmotion, VMware DRS, VMware vCenter and vCenter Update Manager, VMware vCenter and Web console.
- Awareness of enterprise-strength deployment techniques such as SAN, RAID, mirroring, Clustering, Virtualization, Consolidation, Load Balancing, Cloud
- Understand the key infrastructure components UNIX, LINUX, Windows, ORACLE, SQLserver, Apache, SAP, WebSphere. JBoss, WebLogic, VMware, Hyper-V
Good to have’s but not essential:
- Good to have some knowledge of Kubernetes Docker and CI-CD Deployment.
- Automation knowledge is an added advantage.
- Good to have knowledge in DLR Control Pane, DLR Data Plane, Understands vMAC & pMAC, Edge Services
- VMware Engineer
- 6months Contract
- Circa £300 per day
- ASAP Start date
- Virtual interviews via Teams
- Remote/Home working role (with the very slight chance of travel to client site London or Bristol)
- Please note you MUST work via an UMBRELLA company to be on this client project
For more information click APPLY now or call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500. We cannot provide sponsorship to candidates who are living/working outside of the UK at this point in time.
calendar_today3 days ago