Customs Compliance Manager (BB-5CE8C)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Our client celebrates over fifty years' experience in the haulage industry and are highly renowned as one of the country's leading providers of logistic solutions throughout Ireland, the United Kingdom and Europe.
Due continued growth and development this company have expanded the services they provide to include a new customs processes function to their business, offering essential support and guidance to their valued customer base. Due to the great success of this new service, our client wishes to recruit a Customs Compliance Manager to provide technical and compliance support to the customs business team.
- Responsible for customs compliance for the Customs function
- Provide Technical Industry Compliance knowledge to support the business and act as the primary lead for the reliable sourcing of information for UK Customs & Irish Customs.
- Updating of Government information/legislation or organisational information and requirements and sharing this with the team.
- Lead the audit and review of Customs declarations to ensure compliance with company requirements as well as statutory requirements.
- Support in AEO Certification requirements, audits, improvement plan
- Support in CFSP Certification requirements, audits, improvement plan
- Support in Bonded Store Certification requirements, audits, improvement plan
- Be the lead stake holder for any external Customs audits and enquiries.
- Support audit and review of process and procedures. (Customs / AEO / CFSP/TAN)
- Continual review and business support for the impact of Brexit.
- Customs Support and Import Support: (providing clear instructions for import entry amendment, identifying, and managing duty mitigation opportunities and efficiencies, maintaining import records)
- Export support (providing export support around documentation, managing transactions, approval of charges, maintaining records)
Top 3 Things to Know About this Job:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Progression opportunities
- Full time, permanent position
- Degree in Transport and Logistics or extensive working history in the Haulage or Freight forwarding industries (8+ Year's minimum)
- Great technical knowledge of customs and self-sufficient in obtaining the latest development as legislation changes.
- Computer literate to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry - experience with Thyme-IT an advantage
- Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills will be required as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely
- Familiar with both Customs systems in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland is essential
- Experience in making customs declarations on behalf of customers.
For further information, and to apply for this Customs Compliance Manager job, please contact Mairead McConnell. Visit our website for a full list of Business Support opportunities.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.
calendar_today2 days ago