Permanence Social Worker 14-18 (BB-18EE8)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Description:Looked After Children
Are you looking for a fresh role?
Do you have a passion for supporting Looked After Children?
Fancy working with young people aged 14-18?
Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work full time working within a Permanence Children team based in Stockton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the SWE.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £200ph per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
About the Role:
- The Permanence Team works with children, their primary carers and families to support already agreed long term permanent plans where they are assessed as needing to be cared for outside of their birth parent’s care.
- This primarily includes Looked After Children, those subject to Special Guardianship or Child Arrangement Orders
- Achieving permanence is multifaceted. It requires children to experience not only physical permanence in the form of a family they are a part of and a home they live in, but also a sense of emotional permanence, of belonging and the opportunity to successfully build a strong identity.
- In many circumstances children will need support to make sense of being part of two families or to manage complex and sometimes difficult relationships and loyalties.
- Applicants will need to evidence experience of assessment, care planning, conflict resolution and direct work to ensure that children’s and young person’s voices are heard.
- This will include skills and ability to confidently assess and manage situations where there may be child protection issues and complex areas of vulnerability.
In return we offer a supportive team environment: we are committed to continuous professional development and offer regular supervision and annual appraisal
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today
Please contact Zara Murray 07447925299 or
calendar_today1 day ago