Residential Children's Support Worker (BB-4AFD6)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Are you looking to build a rewarding career in social care where you can make a difference to children's lives? We are looking for a Residential Children's Support Worker to join the team.
What does the Residential Children's Support Worker role involve?
- Providing the highest quality care to children we support
- Promoting individuals' independence by supporting with a range of educational, social and work-based activities
- Working with families and partner organisations to ensure support is personalised to meet individual needs
- Using a range of communication methods to assist individuals to make informed day-to-day choices
- Maintaining accurate record keeping of all activities, progress, and incidents should they arise
- Undertaking general housekeeping duties, plus elements of personal care
- Taking ownership to safeguard and protect vulnerable individuals, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone we support
Where is the role based?
You will be working 40.25 hours per week (days, nights and weekends) at our Cwtch Mawr home in Cardiff.
Salary £19,234.67 - £20,804.42 Per Annum
What are your benefits?
- Paid comprehensive induction programme
- Free uniform & DBS
- 225 hours pa paid annual leave and bank holiday allowance
- Enhanced rates for overtime & bank holidays + overtime bonus
- £300 refer-a-friend scheme
- Paid training for nationally recognised qualifications + ongoing support
- Up to 37.5 hrs additional annual leave paid for long service
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
What do you need to be a Residential Children's Support Worker?
- Previous care experience preferred but not essential
- A can-do attitude, caring and reliable nature
- Compassion and empathy
- Enthusiasm to promote independence & choice
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent communication
- The ability to work flexibly
- 23 years of age or older. We believe it is appropriate that there is a gap in age between the children we support and the staff looking after them; that allows us to ensure the best care in the safest environment
- QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People / Health & Social Care is desirable but not essential
If you want to make a difference to people's lives, then we would love to receive your application for the Residential Children's Support Worker role . Please click ‘Apply' and submit your CV today!
All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, satisfactory reference checks and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
calendar_today2 days ago