Principal Ecologist (BB-59B07)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Binnies are recruiting a Principal Ecologist to join our growing multi-disciplinary Environmental Services team. Binnies specialises in Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector for clients including The Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, Local Authorities, and Water Utility Companies. Our team also works on other large infrastructure projects across sectors such as transport and renewable power. The role will be based in our Head Office in Redhill but will serve projects across the country.
We have active Ecological and Environmental Communities of Practice and pride ourselves at being at the forefront of ecological best practice. You will also benefit from technical, leadership and H&S training and paid membership of CIEEM.
- Leading our Redhill team of ecologists and mentoring more junior ecologists;
- Developing our in-house ecological capability of our national team;
- Providing field and office ecological support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large-scale infrastructure;
- Managing, reviewing and writing all stages of Ecological Impact Assessments and HRA;
- Providing ecological input into other consents such as Water Framework Directive assessments;
- Overseeing protected species licence applications and mitigation;
- Design of habitat restoration/creation schemes and delivering Biodiversity Net Gain;
- Supporting business development and tenders;
- Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required.
The role is suitable for an experienced Ecology professional with membership of CIEEM. You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- have an ecological/environmental related degree;
- be a full member of CIEEM;
- be or working towards Chartered Ecologist or Environmentalist;
- hold a number of protected species licences or other ecological specialism;
- have excellent written and oral communication;
- enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and ecology;
- have previous consultancy experience;
- willing to work unsociable hours as required by the business in order to deliver specific contracts;
- hold a full UK driving licence.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working (part time available, remote working for part of the role)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
calendar_today5 days ago