Rigging TD (BB-D584A)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
What you'll do:
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
Under the direction of the rigging supervisor, Rigging Technical Directors are responsible for the creation of rigs for 3D characters, creatures, vehicles and props. Working closely with key artists in the department, they are responsible for providing rigs which meet the technical requirements and the artistic vision of the job.
- Creating bespoke rigs for creatively led jobs.
- Utilizing propriety Mill based rigs for character and automotive work.
- Working within a team to create the best solutions for the required rigging systems.
- Helping to design tools, techniques and pipelines.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in character/creature rigging with Maya, in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects
- An excellent understanding of VFX workflows and animation requirements including the principles of character motion.
- Great understanding of deformation, geometry line-flow and anatomy
- A good level of python scripting.
- Experience with muscle systems like Ziva is preferred.
- An understanding of asset-based pipelines.
- Knowledge of LINUX / UNIX environment is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to and we'll be happy to assist.
At The Mill, we want to work with the best people and we want them to have a great career with us. We will make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond to help people shine and enable them to show us their skills and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the needs of a diverse workforce. We will offer flexible working practices and make relevant workplace adjustments for employees who need them to be at their best.
calendar_today4 days ago