Nursing Assistant (BB-B5A8E)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Description:Nursing Assistant |Bridgnorth
Salary: £10-£12.75 P/H
Hours: Full-time, 42 hrs P/W (Mon-Sun)
We are looking for a hardworking team player who is passionate about developing their career in the care industry. You will be motivated and compassionate, with a genuine interest in benefitting the lives of those within our care.
Your main duties will be to provide assistance to the Registered Nurse or Nurse Manager by undertaking a range of duties relating to nursing, medication, and shift management to ensure the provision of a high standard of care to residents whilst maintaining a homely, supportive, and stimulating environment.
Main duties of this role:
- Once trained, competent and safe to do so, and at the direction of the Homes qualified Nurse or Manager, undertake a range of Nurse and Care tasks, which may include but are not limited to:
- Wound care and dressings
- Tracheostomy care
- Other clinical tasks
- Hands-on care duties
- To assist the home's nurses to manage each shift by monitoring standards and using initiative to ensure that:
- Residents receive required care or support in accordance with their Care Plan and their presentation of care need
- Daily records and any other required/delegated documentation is completed
- The work of Care Assistants, Care Practitioners and Care Supervisors is supervised effectively
- The home is neat and tidy
- Staff breaks are well planned
Progression - Level 1 – entry
1. To be aware of residents’ care needs and changes in condition. To make written notes on appropriate documents as required.
- To carry out resident centred hands-on care and nursing care in a holistic way, maintaining the residents ‘dignity at all times and respecting their individual needs.
- Provide clear regular updates to the Registered Nurse throughout the shift.
- To assist in the control of stock and the use of equipment, as agreed at the local level.
- To facilitate staff supervision of Care Assistants in their day-to-day work.
- To be aware of all regulations regarding the health and safety of residents and staff and to report and record all accidents, incidents, and complaints.
- To participate in and contribute to meetings and discussions concerned with resident care and procedures.
- Support either directly or generally with mentoring new Care Assistants.
- Carry out routine clinical observations and procedures (such as, but not restricted to, recording body weights, body temperatures, blood pressures, stoma care) within the scope of knowledge and training. This should include Blood Glucose Levels, SATS and urine analysis.
- To manage specific areas of responsibility as delegated by Nurse Manager/ Home Manager or Registered Nurse.
- Extend supervision support either directly or generally with the mentoring of new staff to include Care Practitioners.
- To ensure that the principles of infection prevention and control are upheld.
- Extend support either directly or generally with mentoring to include Care Practitioners.
- Once trained, competent and safe to do so assist with the setting up and monitoring of clinical tasks relevant to individual care setting e.g. PEG feeds.
- Where requested to assist with medicine management within your scope of training. To include
- Assisting with ordering and stock control
- Administering medication
- Extend supervision support either directly or generally with the mentoring of new staff to include Care Supervisors.
- Extend mentoring support either directly or generally with mentoring to include new Care Supervisors
- Caring, and compassionate nature
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work alternate weekends
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Ongoing training and development, the opportunity to build a career
- Paid day off on your Birthday
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Enhanced overtime pay
- Workplace pension
- Free on-site parking
calendar_today23 hours ago