Field Services Engineer (BB-10030)
Found in: Jooble Premium UK
Description:Job title: Field Services Engineer
Reporting to: Manager, Engineering
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.00pm (or as agreed)
Job Location: United Kingdom, Working from home when not onsite.
Established in 2000, Corescan is a services company specialising in the acquisition, processing, and interpretation of hyperspectral data. The company provides centralised bureau services as well as onsite laboratory services for real time, automated geological logging. Our services include hyperspectral mineralogy, core photography and 3D laser profiling which is processed and analysed by our team of specialist geoscientists using proprietary software to produce geological models that impact exploration, mining, mineral processing, and environmental management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands on problem solver (engineer / technician), to assist the team with maintenance, problem solving (remotely and on site), design improvements, upgrades and commissioning of equipment and documentation. This role involves travel to remote operations for maintenance, repair and upgrade of deployed equipment as well as remote support by phone and video link.
You will be working alongside a group of experienced engineers, IT personnel, data processing and geology professionals.
· Maintain, commission and upgrade mechanical, optical, electrical and computer based systems.
· Assist in computer networking and diagnostics, supported by our IT team
· Assist the operations team in deploying and de-mobilizing laboratories, as well as, liaising with client technical teams to advise on specifications for new site deployments.
· Assist in developing support documentation and procedures to enable standardized approaches and best practice in solving specific problems.
· Design improvements and implementations which may include new developments or upgrades to existing systems.
· Travel internationally to client’s sites.
· Producing drawings and supporting files for manufacture.
· Assisting in procurement of spares and new equipment and managing the logistics to deliver them to site.
· Preparing maintenance plans, maintenance procedures, and developing processes to evaluate maintenance and machine condition.
· Assisting in production of operating manuals and troubleshooting documents.
· Remote Support. This may involve planning safe diagnostics steps and talking them through with operations personnel to solve problems.
Academic or trade qualifications
· Tertiary Electronics/ Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualifications or similar
· Drafting/design skills – ability to produce orthographic drawings for manufacture from SolidWorks Assembly files.
· Electronics / electrical diagnostics skills
· Some mechanical fitting and diagnostics skills
· Understanding and following OH&S guidelines and SOPs.
· Experience in machine building, or assembly and commissioning of complex systems.
· Experience operating and maintaining equipment in a mining environment
· Ability to travel internationally
· English proficiency, read, write and speak fluently
· Experience working on client sites (Mining, mineral exploration sites or similar)
· Computer networking and diagnostics
· Design – mechanical, electronic and programming
· Machine design, Electrical systems design and Embedded systems.
· Mechanical assembly and diagnostics.
· Other languages, Russian, Spanish or other
· UK Passport
calendar_today4 days ago