Enterprise Architect (BB-23376)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Experian UK&I are currently undertaking a major programme of modernisation and transformation. This includes a significant cloud migration to a microservices architecture and DevSecOps.
Enterprise Architects sought with a robust track record of leading transformation in an architectural capacity. Experience gained in analogous business environments e.g. regulated Financial Services companies; product aligned with matrixed IT with a bi-modal global delivery model.
The Enterprise Architecture function governs Experian’s Enterprise Architecture by ensuring quality architected solutions are embedded across Experian’s business. Enterprise Architecture owns and governs the UK&I Technology Strategy facilitating the reciprocal alignment of business requirements with Global Enterprise Architecture vision and strategy.
• Owns and Governs the UK&I Technology Strategy, to deliver new and transformed business capabilities aligned with Global Enterprise Architecture vision and strategy
• Evolves the Technology Capabilities Framework and usage of Capabilities Mapping in order to accelerate the development, reuse, and time to market of Experian Products and Services
• Creates, reviews, and aligns architectural blueprints across business, application, data, and infrastructure architecture domains, promoting reuse and standards
• Ensures quality of architected solutions which are aligned to our Technology Strategy and balancing simplicity, velocity, risk, resilience, and efficiency.
• Responsible for the Architectural Review and approval of new and changed architectural and technology solutions
• Pro-actively fosters and engages Experian’s architecture community to facilitate and progress implicit and explicit cross domain enterprise requirements
• Provides ad hoc architectural advice to technology stakeholders, promoting architectural, technology and implementation best practice
• Leads and facilitates workshops to find and align on architecture solutions with diverse stakeholders who may have differing views
• Provides Enterprise Architecture expertise to enable decision and direction for Regional Chief Information & Operations Officer and other execs. This can be reactive support for decisions needed or proactive investigations into complex problems. Outputs vary to suit the question: exec appropriate papers, presentations, discussions
• Supports ad hoc advisory architectural reviews as required to support Head of Enterprise Architecture and Regional Chief Information & Operations Officer. These can take a variety of forms and wider set of use cases than Architecture Review Board: Transformation; SPC approval; Escalations for high risk, novel and/or troubled solutions and projects; Resilience reviews
• Oversees, provides, and informs Technology Due Diligence. The extent of Enterprise Architecture involvement is dependent on the use cases which includes external engagements to support Corporate Development M&A and Ventures
• Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies
• Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation
• Engages with vendors of cross functional application and infrastructure solutions to understand and communicate their 3-5-year solution roadmaps so that these are transparent to Experian organisation and investment decisions can be fully informed
• Acts as a role model for high ethical values and standards of integrity. Provides leadership to create a customer focused, innovative, trust based, compliant and performance-based culture
• Demonstrates very high personal professional standards regarding the quality and business value in everything that you do, able to infect and embed those same behaviours with across wider Experian
• Engenders respect and is recognised by peers and teams as a technology leader
• Fosters a collaborative, trusted and diverse network across all Experian architects to facilitate and enable the best of Experian thinking
• Leads, mentors, and coaches’ architects and technologists
• Furthers the practice of Enterprise Architecture, by pushing innovation in Enterprise Architecture and by ‘giving back’ internally and externally
• Acts in a manner conducive to the fair and reasonable treatment of all consumers irrespective of whether these are Experian UK clients and consumers or not
• Leads to put the Experian customer and consumer outcomes at the centre of the business, advocating their needs, delivering them value, and ensuring high quality engagement
Governance and Control:
• Participates in Architecture Review Board (ARB) in order to assure and approve new and changed architectural and technology solutions
• Ensures that new architectures and technologies align to Experian standards; offer a justified deviation; create a new Regional or Global standard or progress a change to the standard
• Regularly and pro-actively identifies risks and issues and ensures appropriate steps to mitigate risks are in place and issues are remediated on a timely basis
• Supports the Head of Enterprise Architecture to ensure that the regional Enterprise Architecture function operates to Experian's governance, risk, compliance, and control Frameworks, through fit-for-purpose processes, practices, and accountabilities, and that the business remains within agreed risk appetite
• Supports the Head of Enterprise Architecture to ensure that regional Enterprise Architecture function maintains appropriate information security, resilience, business continuity and disaster recovery arrangements within the respective frameworks and standards
• Supports the Head of Enterprise Architecture to ensure that the Infrastructure and Technology function operates within Experian UK’s policies in relation to information security, financial crime, outsourcing, complaints, vulnerable consumers, product development and other key areas of regulatory risk
• Enterprise Architect is a senior and experienced technology leadership position.
• Must have a hands-on robust track record of addressing key architectural issues and major transformational change, delivering demonstrable business value and lasting impact.
• Practical examples of addressing complex architecture and IT delivery issues including proportionate use of architectural assets that show enterprise impact.
• Experience working in technology environments analogous to Experian e.g. size, complexity, product-led, big data, matrixed, multi-vendor, financial services
• Experian market, customers, business, products, platforms, technologies, and strategy
• Modern architectural practices, architecture governance, and defining standard patterns for consumption in the organization.
• Broad, diverse, and deep understanding of technologies and vendors encompassing the full stack; ranging from traditional legacy to big data and cloud.
• Familiarity with compliance, security, and regulatory requirements and architectures
• Big data architectures, low latency transactional processing, & event driven architectures to more modern solution architectural patterns
• Designing modular, microservice-centric architectures that support a 'build once, deploy many' deployment posture across the region
• Designing & deploying cloud native applications in both private & public cloud hosting environments
• Large scale distributed systems principles, containers, CI/CD principles, software architecture, operations & security engineering.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills & ability to influence a range of stakeholders from executive C-level to technology teams.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, able to assimilate large amounts of data and imperfect information to distil that which is important to enable decision and direction
• Routinely considers business, commercial, client, risk, delivery, service short vs long term and trade-offs, as well as technical
• Collaborative and inquisitive, can ask the right questions to understand both big picture and where necessary drill down into detail
• Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
• Able to apply relevant knowledge and targeted use of architectural assets and frameworks to address priority concerns
Extensive relevant, hands-on delivery of demonstrable business value and lasting impact is the only qualification required.
Routes by which you got there can vary, qualifications can support remaining relevant: these may include further education: technology relevant or MBA, architectural framework qualifications; relevant technology and delivery certifications and badges.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17,200 people in 44 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues’ health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that’s why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it’s your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay.
calendar_today5 days ago