Contracts Manager - Maintenance (BB-E1A6F)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Contracts Manager - Maintenance
Isle of Wight
Up to £45,000 + package
My client is a leading regional contractor specialising in Maintenance and reactive repairs, as well as minor works, across several clients in the Hampshire area. They are looking for a Contracts Manager to be based in their Isle of Wight office but there will be a need to travel around the Hampshire area to meet with clients and assess works.
The type of work that will be carried out range from fitting doors and carrying out electrical tests to full kitchen and bathroom refits and refurbishments of both houses and commercial buildings.
They are seeking a conscientious, enthusiastic and experienced Manager with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. Candidates must be qualified and have relevant experience of managing in either the Maintenance or Facilities Management industry. Additional technical training at HNC level or above in Construction and Building disciplines would be advantageous, or willingness to work towards.
The most important things you will do are:
· To ensure you have the right team, and proactively manage the performance of that team, to successfully deliver and grow the contract(s) and ad hoc workflows to the Businesss and Clients expectations.
· To be responsible and accountable for the Financial performance of the contract(s) and ad hoc workflows ensuring the business achieves a sustainable return.
· To ensure that Company Health and Safety policies are followed and adhered to by any of the resources utilised in the delivery of the contracts and workflows under your control.
· Manage the directly employed workforce, subcontractors, and Merchant supply chain partners.
· To work closely with your Financial Business Partner to ensure that operational performance is understood and connected to financial return, and that Work in Progress, Debtor, and Creditor levels do not become aged and out of control.
· To spend time in the work identifying issues and trends that need to be acted upon through measurement so that you truly understand what is required to improve the service, system or processes.
· Ensure that performance is constantly monitored to ensure that all KPIs are met and presented to the client(s) expectation, and when needed coherent improvement plans are identified and executed by your team.
· To forge strong working relationships with Client Representatives.
· To ensure you live the companies ethos and values.
· Always understand and enforce health and safety, carrying out toolbox talks, Trade assessments and other training with the team, whether on site or in the office.
· Carry out induction of new subcontractors and staff members as necessary ensuring that they have a detailed understanding of the company and Client requirements.
· To drive and lead improvement projects to achieve and exceed Industry Best Practise in quality, safety, technical, service delivery and customer satisfaction.
· Be able to quote for minor works and achieve a sustainable margin on those projects
· Be a part of the out of hours management rota.
· Ability to effectively fault diagnose and propose good workable solutions
· Able to support, coach and motivate your team
· Possess interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner being able to challenge and be challenged.
· Good people & client management skills
· Ability to set up new processes themselves where needed
· Good at problem solving & thinking on their feet in difficult situations
· Good communicator, and will ask for help when needed
· Have an organised approach to work and time management.
· Able to apply a practical approach and solutions to Health & Safety.
· Able to use MS office software and my clients Job Management system.
· Able to accurately quote jobs and then manage them through the life cycle.
· Be able to deal with time pressures to deliver works to schedule
· Proactive in identifying your development needs and doing something to overcome them.
· Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems.
· Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the construction/maintenance industry
· Degree, Diploma, HNC in a construction or surveying discipline (Desirable or working towards)
· Membership of relevant professional technical body with chartership (Desirable or working towards)
· IOSH Working Safely (Desirable)
· 5+ years in Property maintenance or Facilities Management environment (Essential)
· Exposure to a Contract Management role (Essential)
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications and would like to discuss this role further then please contact Chris Grimes at Interaction Recruitment on 02392 706 621/ 07703 559 144 or e-mail your CV to
calendar_today3 days ago