Network Management System Design Engineer (BB-C1C6C)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Title : Network Management System Design Engineer
Duration : 12 months
Location : Farnborough – must be onsite
Rate : £500- £560 per day depending upon experience- Inside IR35
Clearance : SC
A Network Management System Design Engineer is required to work on 12 month contract basis on-site in Farnborough for a leading defence technology client. Must have SC Clearance
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Build and Deploy a new user facing Network Management System including monitoring of bespoke software/system components.
• Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
• Build Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
• Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides according to engineering processes.
• Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
• Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
• Visit data centres & sites (inc. Scotland).
• Support junior members of the team with the technical queries.
• Work with operations and engineering team to optimize deployments into in service systems.
• Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes according to engineering processes.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
• Experience of deploying, configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc. including using Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP).
• Good TCP/IP networking experience and understanding of enterprise equipment (including LB, VPN, Firewalls, etc)
• The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
• The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
• VMware experience, within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge
• SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
• High level of written and spoken English
• High standard of documentation
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today.
calendar_today2 days ago