Lead Specialist Support Engineer (BB-57AC7)
Found in: Neuvoo UK
Description:About this role
The purpose of Service Platform function is to design, operate and deliver market leading Mobile networks. The success of the function is based upon customer centric KPIs and proactive fault resolution, monitoring & resolution processes.
The Mobile Operations teams support and manage system and service performance of services for Mobile Voice and Data services for all mobile brands.
This person will be recognised as a technical expert on cloud architecture, virtualised and legacy technologies. Drive stability and improvement in a wide range of environments supporting a wide range of OS, this includes validation and sanctity checking of design implementation plans. Including highlighting and exposing risk with design and delivery.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• To influence others and ensure the requirements of the team and Service Platforms are fed into discussions with 3rd Parties and internal groups including Design and Service Management. This will involve driving effective collaboration between parties to help deliver better service performance and quality.
• Accountable for defining, producing, maintaining and improving service quality key performance indicators. This will include providing necessary compliance.
• Influencing others in related Design teams and in technical meetings in order to improve the quality and operability of the service.
• Provides technical quality assurance over work of other engineers through matrix team structure.
• Identifies opportunities to improve standards of practice within a project, continuously enhancing ways of working.
• Delivers resolutions to problems that tend to be complex, cross-domain or of high impact to customers.
• Creates and implements technical solutions for a domain or cross domains / portfolios of work within a specific technology area autonomously, understanding how solutions impact systems internally and/or externally and assessing impact of change.
• Provides sound technical expertise to consult on significant component(s) of a technical solution within a specific domain or cross domain.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Recognised as a technical expert within mobile data, with a detailed understanding of mobile data architecture, protocols, principles and services.
• Subject matter expert in troubleshooting and fault diagnosis in a Telco environment.
• Good understanding of common protocols.
• Good understanding of aspects of network and Cyber security and the way that the regulations in this area will affect the team.
• Good awareness and understanding of the commercial aspects, implications and limitations of supporting the estate.
• Able to demonstrate discretion relating to sensitive information.
• The ability to influence and drive technical discussions in the area of mobile voice and data services, in order to drive improvements to the service delivery and performance.
• To be able to present information clearly with impact to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• To be able to understand commercial requirements and able to balance customer needs with business requirements.
Experience you would be expected to have:
• Proven extensive operational experience and recognised as a technical expert in planning the deployment of and supporting at least one of the following areas;
o IP technologies across multiple vendors, including Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, F5 and Fortinet.
o Windows admin, Linux admin, AD, VMWare/Virtualisation, SAN systems and other server technologies.
• Experience of dealing with internal and external business customers, third party suppliers, and providing reliable communication between all parties.
• Experience in a 24x7 real time, service support environment.
• Experience with Unix scripting, SMARTS, Netscout, Radware, or Arbor and other OSS systems.
• Experience with Network virtualisation and container technologies.
• Experience in telecommunications operating procedures (incident, change and problem management).
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 10% on target bonus
• Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about
calendar_today4 days ago