This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
An outgoing, attentive, and adaptable Zoology graduate with a wealth of experience in customer relations and research skills. Developed excellent communication, organisation and adaptability from a variety of employments and volunteering. Able to work well under pressure due to working in many demanding, fast- paced roles as a leader and a valuable team player. Comfortable effectively communicating with a range of clients and companies as well as presenting to an audience. Determined to follow a career which enables and challenges me by combining my research and interpersonal skills, with the opportunity to utilise my creativity and confidence to make positive relationships with a variety of individuals.
09/18- 06/21 University of Reading, BSc Zoology
Achieved a high 2:1.
Completed modules such as Current Topics in Science, Conservation Biology, Management of Vertebrate Pests, all of which involved completing presentations and creating engaging ideas.
Completed a dissertation titled: “Does enrichment reduce stereotypic behaviours and stress in captive primates?” which required accurately analysing large amounts of numerical data using MINITAB and SPSS.
09/15-06/17 Woodhouse College, Finchley, London
A Levels: Biology (B), Chemistry (C), Geography (A), Film and Theatre Studies (B)
09/11- 06/15 Higham’s Park Academy, Higham’s Park, London
GCSE’S: 11 A*-B’s including French, Maths, English and Triple Science
Distinction 1 in ICT Cambridge Nationals
Village Vet Hospital- Lab Technician & Patient Care Assistant June 2021 – present
- Answering patient queries over the phone and face-to-face, communicating effectively.
- Booking appointments and transfers, organising and communicating with a range of clients and other companies.
- Working with a large team of PCA’s, nurses and vets to keep all clients well informed and patients comfortable and healthy in a fast- paced environment, becoming a leader when needed.
- Comfortable in a laboratory environment through undertaking biochemical and biomedical tests on blood, urine and faecal samples, such as haematology, PCV/TP, and full profiles.
- Appreciation for confidentiality of patient records (GDPR), handling highly sensitive private cases daily.
Valpy Street Bar and Bistro August 2020 – June 2021
- Recommending, negotiating and upselling products to customers in a friendly, yet convincing manner increasing sales.
- Serving/ cooking food and drink, working with a team and individually to maintain a high-quality service.
- Politely welcoming and assisting customers to the best of my ability, bettering communication skills.
JD Wetherspoon’s- Bar/ Kitchen Associate September 2016- March 2020
WORK EXPERIENCE/ VOLUNTEERING
Animal Courses Direct Internship June 2020 – July 2020
- Created and developed new DWP courses
- Communicated with clients, enabling them to find suitable courses for their career goals.
- Assisting the marketing team with advertisements and social media campaigns.
- Marked student assessments and provided constructive feedback
- Used SPSS to analyse sales data.
Arthritis UK/ Macmilllan March 2018- present
- Volunteered at fundraising events such as marathons and bike rides.
- Educated the public on the charity and importance of donations.
- Raised over £1000 for Macmillan by running 100km in a month.
Beale Park 2/9/19- 16/9/19 and 03/12/2020-03/01/2021
- Assisted zookeepers with feeding, cleaning, maintenance and enrichment of a range of animals from rodents to primates.
- Gained animal husbandry skills working in the piggery.
- Writing and undertaking keeper talks to engage a large audience, answering questions from visitors, developing creativity and communication skills.
Wildlife Sense, Kefalonia- Loggerhead Turtle Conservationist August 2017
- Worked early morning and night shifts, protected nesting turtles/ hatchlings with a team speaking a range of languages.
- Educated and communicated with locals and tourists on conservation and how they could get involved.
Vets4Pets – Veterinary Assistant March 2016- August 2016
- Aided veterinarian in consultations and surgeries, expanding knowledge on animal disease and care, whilst communicating with clients, advising them on the best care plan.
- Cleaned the surgery, understanding the importance of sanitation in healthcare.
- Developed use of Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.