About Kirsten Johnson:
Graduate seeking role in the museum sector.
Archive Assistant, Research and Cataloguing Volunteer| Nene Valley Railway Archive & Peterborough Museum | April 2023 – Present
- Supporting the team in the use of Modes Museum software to organise and catalogue archive material each week with over 100 volunteering hours
- Independent research of photographic archival material to produce articles for feature in the seasonal journal ‘Nene Steam’ and received positive feedback from readers
- Personable communication exercised when assisting in the curation of summer 2024 exhibition ‘Peterborough’s Railway’, supporting the Nene Valley archive group in sourcing, and researching photographs from their collection, relaying these to Peterborough Museum
- Leadership when advocating for interactive displays that use QR codes to exhibit the location in the photos as they are today
Oral Research Training & Research Volunteer | Museum of London | Oct 2020 – Feb 2021
- Utilised the museum’s archive to produce an oral history research project on the experience of LGBTQ+ community nightlife in London
- Proposed conducting modern-day interviews with individuals on their experience of London’s LGBTQ+ nightlife and the effect of their closure during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Chosen for display on the Museum of London homepage during Pride Month
Intern | PA Media | March 2020
- Developed technical and expansive communication skills whilst shadowing on the news, social media, editing and reporters’ desks
- Represented the company when attending the annual BCC Conference and covering the first COBRA meeting for the COVID-19 pandemic
MA Urban History & Culture 2.1| University of London Institute in Paris | 2021 - 2022
- Obtained research and curation techniques, including the study of the social, political, and cultural development of London and Paris
- Experience in handling of fragile artefacts, gained over a series of site-visits
- Strong interest in women’s cultural history in urban spaces, which prompted a 15,000-word dissertation on female resistance and political expression through fashion in Paris during the occupational years (1936 to 1944) which achieved a mark of 62
- Notable modules where high grades where attention to detail was successful; ‘New York: Nature & the City which achieved a first with the mark of 72 and Film Studies which achieved a first with 71.2
BA English 2.1|Queen Mary University of London | 2018 - 2021
- Modules ranging from Medieval to Modern English literature have developed analytical skills through the assessment of essays and regular presentations
- Applied academic discipline to develop a 10,000 word research dissertation on the anti-pornography and sex-positive debate in the feminist movement which achieved a mark of 68.3
Bourne Academy, Lincolnshire | 2011 - 2018
A Levels: History (A), Media Studies (B), English Literature (C), Extended Research Project (C)
Other achievements include attaining the A-Level History Award.
GCSEs: 8 GSCEs at grade A – C. Including English Literature (A), English Language (A) and History (A)
Professionals who compete with Kirsten
Professionals in the same Arts / Entertainment / Publishing sector as Kirsten Johnson
Professionals from different sectors near London, Greater London
Other users who are called Kirsten
Jobs near London, Greater London
Green Recruitment Company London, United Kingdom £60,000 - £90,000 per year
Our client who has renewable energy projects across Europe within Solar, Wind and Battery Storage are looking for a Legal Manager who will report directly into the Managing Director. · There is an opp ...
Morgan McKinley (South West) London, United Kingdom
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Senior Sales Manager (UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, France) to lead the introduction and expansion of our new smart access product within the multi-family ho ...
Off to Work Godalming, United Kingdom Part time
Ready for an unforgettable time of hospitality and events? We're on the hunt for experienced waiters, bartenders, baristas and hospitality pros with their own car to dive into the best events this spr ...