Lecturer in pharmaceutical technology
About ruba malkawi:
Iam energetic, persistent worker who has developed a mature, responsible way to fulfil most of the job positions. As a graduate with Pharmacy bachelor’s degree, and three years of master’s in Pharmaceutical Technology. My master project was based on developing a new system to deliver the subcutaneous proteins in an oral form; the main goal was to reduce the injections suffers for diabetic people. I’m an excellent worker with others to achieve as much as I can on time. In my PhD at University of Liverpool I have synthesised more than 100 analogues of the peptide in muti mechanisms in addition to learning different purification aspects, i always say peptide synthesis is an art. I leant how to use HPLC, troubleshooting, validate and devepoe methods. Moreover, I am very good in using the Mass spectroscopy, and NMR.
Associate professor, Jadara University: February 2022- July 2023
- Under the direction of the Program Chair or designee, Teaching Associates typically are responsible for providing classroom and/or laboratory instruction, making assignments to students, preparing course materials, administering examinations, assessing student performance, tutoring students and determining course grades. Incumbents may assist faculty with field experience, supervision, simulation exercises and/or research projects.
Lecturer at John Moors University: February 2021 – January 2022, at medicinal chemistry, pharmacy, and life science department
- Collaborate with module/course leaders to deliver instruction in Medicinal Chemistry and related subjects.
- Coordinate and contribute to the teaching and assessment of Medicinal Chemistry (and related topics) skills in academic, laboratory, and simulated learning settings.
- Contribute to the team's efforts in developing teaching and assessment methods for Medicinal Chemistry.
- Conduct high-quality research in Medicinal Chemistry or a related field.
- Utilize technology to enhance and support learning processes.
Associate demonstrator at Lincoln University: February 2018 – March 2020, at medicinal chemistry, pharmacy, anatomy and physiology modules
- Demonstrate practical exercises and techniques/ undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Supervising in setting up practical equipment prior to the laboratory practical.
- Marking students work and progress during the practical and the final write-up
- Student support/ risk assessment trainee
- Ensure the adherence to health and safety regulations for staff and students in Pharmaceutical and Analytical Chemistry laboratories.
- Assist in planning laboratory practical exercises and optimize resource utilization.
- Engage in relevant professional development activities.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities assigned by the Dean of School.
Lecturer in Microbiology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical science courses at Jordan University of Science and Technology. Irbid-Jordan: Sep 2017 – Jan 2018
- Teaching assessment and module leader
- curriculum developing/ staff leading and module coordinator
- Setting practical and theoretical exams for undergraduate students
- Assessment of students projects and progress during the course and the final exams
Research assistant at Jordan University of Science and Technology. Irbid-Jordan: Apr 2017 – Aug 2017
- Researcher for the novel extraction and purification of a new planet extract for anticancer drug
Part-time lecturer for pharmaceutical technology, Microbiology and biotechnology courses at Jordan University of Science and Technology. Irbid-Jordan: Sep 2014 – Apr 2017
- Demonstrate practical exercises/techniques to undergraduate students.
- Work with other senior lecturer colleagues in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students and setting up practical equipment prior to the laboratory practical.
- Marking students work and progress during the practical and the final exams.
Community pharmacy in Jordan, Jun 2013 – Sep 2013
- Helping patients and the public, assessing their conditions, and making decisions about which medicines they should take.
- Dispensing medicines and offering your patients advice and practical help on keeping healthy
*2019-2021 PhD Degree in Molecular biology/Life science, pharmacology department University of Liverpool
Foundation Building, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool, L69 7ZX
Synthesis and structure activity relationship of teixobactin analogue.
Design and development of potent synthetic antimicrobial peptides against multi-drug resistant pathogens.
Various analogues of teixobactin were synthesised for the development of more potent analogue of teixobactin through detailed investigation of structure-activity relationship (SAR) study.
*2014_ 2017 Master’s degree in pharmaceutical technology
Jordan University of Science and Technology
Po.Box 1195, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Cumulative/Yearly average in master`s degree is 91.9 %
ORAL DELIVARY OF LIRAGLUTIDE USING CHITOSAN
- Oral delivery of Liraglutide peptide is compromised due to its degradation in the gastrointestinal system.
- Develop an oral delivery system for Liraglutide, to overcome the degradation of the peptide and enhance its bioavailability. The developed system is W/O microemulsion of Nanoparticles. Polyelectrolyte complex was prepared using low molecular weight chitosan and hydroxyl propel beta-cyclodextrin. Liraglutide LMWC and HP-βCD were prepared at different ratios.
*2009 – 2014 Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
Jordan University of science and Technology
Po.Box 1195, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Cumulative/Yearly Average in Bachelor`s Degree is 85.6 %
Professionals who compete with ruba
Professionals in the same Education / Training sector as ruba malkawi
Professionals from different sectors near Liverpool, Liverpool
Jobs near Liverpool, Liverpool
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Northwich, United Kingdom Part time - 22.5 hours per week (09:30 - 14:00, 09:30 - 14:30 Mondays)
Employer heading · Administration Assistant to Service Manager - Northwich · Band 3 · Job overview · We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Operational Services Assistant. As an Integrate ...
BBF Limited blackburn, lancashire, United Kingdom
Junior Buyer (CIPS Support) · Salary between £23,000 - £25,000 DOE · BBF Limited · Blackburn, Lancashire · Full-time, Permanent · Are you ready to kickstart your career in procurement? We're hiring a ...
Turner & Townsend Chester, United Kingdom Full time
Company Description · At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doin ...