About Marc Hocker:
I’m an experienced Office Manager and for the last ten years I have held the responsibility for all logistical and administrative tasks both in the office and at conference venues around the UK/London for both public and private sector companies. Amongst these tasks that I efficiently carried out were IT maintenance, finance & HR, management of customer relationship with association members and health & safety/fire safety matters. During this period I became a trusted figure in the company and worked with colleagues in a friendly & co-operative manner.
For my next step I am looking for similar Office Manager roles that will enable me to contribute my experience, skills and knowledge to a company. But at the same time I will be looking to enhance and build on this experience which will be benefit my continuing professional development.
Office Manager, Local Partnerships July 2021 – July 2023
Local Partnerships is a Government consultancy jointly owned by HM Treasury, The Local Government Association and the Welsh Government.
- Managing the quick and organised onboarding and off boarding all new members of staff including the issuing and return of ICT equipment.
- Reporting to the Leadership Team / Board information regarding office management and central services internally.
- Administering the ICT estate including laptops, iPhones and software licences. Escalated and resolved ICT issues for all staff members in a timely manner. Accomplished the monitoring and reporting on all ICT services and SLA’s on a monthly basis.
- Collaborating with the Communications & Marketing Team in the setting up of conferences and events as well procuring branded LP merchandise.
- Facilitating the completion of the annual Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications thereby ensuring compliancy with Government Cyber Security regulations.
- Providing effective support to hiring managers with the recruitment process, coordinating with the HR department.
- Conducting monthly health and safety checks throughout the office ensuring continuous attainment of the annual health & safety certification. Successfully completed Fire Marshal training.
- Leading on arrangements with landlord/facilities management on areas such as resources, office space, equipment, filing and meeting rooms.
- Accomplishing the timely planning of logistics including courier shipments, booking internal / external meeting rooms, travel arrangements, diary management.
- Providing effective support to the Finance team in the raising of purchase orders, identifying invoices and recharging costs.
- Organising stationary and consumables for the office.
Office Manager, Liberal Democrat Party March 2020 – June 2021
Responsible for the management & logistics of the Federal Office of The Liberal Democrat Party. Highlights included:
- Ensuring the quick and organised onboarding and off boarding all new members of staff including the issuing and return of ICT equipment.
- Administering the ICT estate including laptops, mobile phones and disposal of defunct ICT hardware. Escalating and resolving ICT issues for all staff members in a timely manner.
- Providing effective support to the finance team and successfully identified unknown credit card transactions, resolved unpaid payments, processed cheque payments and achieved reductions in invoices from service providers.
- Organising the outfitting of the office space for the online broadcast of the 2020 Liberal Democrat Autumn Conference. Successfully resolved technical queries and arranged catering for all staff.
- Health & Safety: COVID-19 - Accomplishing full compliance with Government guidelines by implementing social distancing measures at the office as well as the safe return of select staff to the office during the pandemic.
- Health & Safety: Succeeding in completing Legionella Awareness Training maintaining office compliancy with Government regulations.
- Directing all office security matters including the issuing of security passes to staff and visitors. Responsible for the booking of office meeting rooms for MP’s and VIP’s.
- Organising and ensuring repairs around the office were completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- 3 A’ Levels (English, Communications & Media Studies), Barnet College of Further Education
- 7 GCSEs including English & Mathematics, Ashmole Academy
Professionals in the same Administrative sector as Marc Hocker
Professionals from different sectors near London, Greater London
Other users who are called Marc
Jobs near London, Greater London
Cisco Systems, Inc. London, United Kingdom £25,000 - £40,000 per year
Cisco Sales Associates Program (CSAP) is a global program that provides a structured training and on-the-job-experience to develop sales champions . We will develop your sales; technical and communica ...
Found in: Jooble UK O C2 - 6 hours ago
JoVE London, United Kingdom
JoVE is the world-leading producer and provider of science video solutions with the mission to improve scientific research and education. Millions of scientists, educators and students use JoVE for th ...
Found in: SonicJobs Direct Apply UK - 1 week agoDirect apply
Office Angels London, United Kingdom Full time £30,000 - £40,000 per year
Job Title: Temporary PA to Management TeamSalary: /hourLocation: DulwichHours: 8:30am-5:30pmCompany: SchoolContract: Ongoing TemporaryStart date: ASAP · Why work for this company? · Incredible Trainin ...