DSP, Wireless & Sensor Embedded System Engineer
About mohammad heggo:
I am a research associate in the Computing Department of Imperial College London. Previously, I worked as a research associate in the Robotics Engineering research group at the Electrical Engineering & Electronics department of the University of Manchester. Also, I worked as a research associate at the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC) at the University of Sheffield, UK. I was awarded my PhD degree at the University of Liverpool, UK. I worked as a research assistant at the A*STAR Institute of Singapore. Also, I worked as a senior communication embedded system engineer at the R&D department of El Sewedy Electrometer, Egypt with 5 years of research experience and high experience in embedded software design for communication systems.
- Especially skilled at the designing and implementation of communication systems including the design and fabrication of antennas, building up transceiver system prototypes using software-defined radio (SDR) kits, and testing the overall system in a real field environment using VNA, Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analyzers.
- Proven ability in antenna design and conducting electromagnetic field simulations using numerical software packages such as ANSYS HFSS, CST and COMSOL.
- Proven ability to deal with harsh noise conditions using different modulations techniques and its simulation using MATLAB software.
- Expertise in many programming languages such as C, Python and Assembly.
- High experience in the structure of different microcontrollers and microprocessors.
- Strong Mathematical and Physical backgrounds.
- Good expertise in prototype enclosure design and 3D printing using SolidWorks software package.
Imperial College London, UK 2019 to present
Position: Research Associate
- Development of CogniSense technology, which is a new RF non-intrusive machine monitoring technology, which is able to capture different machine parameters such as its rotation speed using the electromagnetic field as a sensor.
- Leveraging the technology readiness level (TRL) to the deployment level at the customer premises to test real case scenarios.
- Approaching different customers from different industries to develop CogniSense tech. capabilities that match the customer requirements.
- Designing, implementation and testing of CogniSense RF sensor prototype.
- Leading the RF shadowing theme in the AESE group in the Computing Department of Imperial College under the supervision of Prof. Julie McCann. The theme studies the use of the electromagnetic field as a sensor for different applications such as human health monitoring, agriculture and machine monitoring.
The University of Manchester, UK 2017 to 2019
Position: Research Associate
- Engaging in HOME research project, which is a promising EPSRC-funded project that connects four universities other than UoM to develop an automated O&M system for offshore wind farms with minimum human intervention.
- Development of an inspection drone for inside converter stations of offshore wind farms. The development includes modelling and analysis of electromagnetic interactions with the drone, field trials of the vehicle and its sub-systems, and developing and testing novel navigation and sensing strategies.
The University of Sheffield, UK 2016 to 2017
& Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre
Position: Research Associate
- Developing wireless smart sensing systems that can optimize the through-life performance and costs of the next generation of large civil gas turbine engines, delivering a step-change in capability, availability and efficiency throughout their life.
- Design, test and integration electronic and embedded software systems to perform system monitoring in the harsh environment of a gas turbine engine.
The University of Liverpool, UK 2013 to 2017
Position: Postgraduate Researcher
- Built up the first measurement setup for the power line channel in the signal processing and communication research group at the University of Liverpool.
- Designed and tested the coupling circuits used in the power line communications.
- Conducted excessive measurements for the power line channel in the labs of the Electrical Engineering & Electronics department of the University of Liverpool.
- Conducted excessive measurements for the wireless channel in the labs of the Electrical Engineering & Electronics department of the University of Liverpool.
- Provided technical assistance for the master and final year students in conducting practical communication channel measurements.
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
(A*STAR), Singapore 2014 to 2016
Position: Research Assistant
- Analyzed the measurement results conducted in Liverpool University labs.
- Innovated a novel communication system, which combines both the power line and the wireless TVWS technologies.
- Presented the results of the measurements and the simulations in high-ranked conferences and reputable journals.
The University of Liverpool, UK 2013 to 2014
Position: LAB Demonstrator (Part-Time)
- Guided the students through the learning experience by giving them the conceptual basis for the lab.
- Provided written and visual instructions for lab activities.
- Ensured that all lab users have access to, and have understood health and safety information.
- Verified that the equipment is readily accessible.
El Sewedy Electrometer, Egypt 2007 to 2013
Position: Senior Embedded Communication System Engineer
- Designed the firmware of the microcontroller of the electronic AMR meter using embedded C and assembly Languages.
- Shared in the design of the communication network between the electronic meters and the electric firms.
The Modern Academy of Engineering, Egypt 2006 to 2007
- Taught courses in the fields of communication systems and microwave engineering.
PhD. Electrical Engineering, University of Liverpool, UK April 2017
Thesis: “Power line and Wireless Communications in the Indoor Environment”
Supervisors: Dr.\ Xu Zhu & Prof.\ Yi Huang (Liverpool, UK)
Dr.\ Sun Sumei (A*STAR, Singapore)
M.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Ain Shams University, Egypt Dec 2010
Thesis: “Improvement of data rate of O-QAM multicarrier transmission power line communication”
Supervisors: Prof.\ Salwa El Ramly & Dr.\ Hesham El Badawy
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Ain Shams University, Egypt May 2006
Cumulative Grade: 77.76%
Professionals in the same Telecommunications sector as mohammad heggo
Professionals from different sectors near London, Greater London
Other users who are called mohammad
Jobs near London, Greater London
Reed Surrey, United Kingdom
Temporary Marketing Assistant · Fill Time, Monday – Friday As a Marketing Assistant, you will support the work on projects directed at maximising company profits and developing sales strategies / ma ...
Civica United Kingdom
We're Civica and we make software that helps deliver critical services for citizens all around the world. From local government to central [federal] government, to education, to health and care, over ...
Holt Automotive Recruitment Ltd Woodford Green, Greater London, United Kingdom Full time
Our client is a main dealership in Ilford and they are looking for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join their busy Service Department, offering a fantastic basic salary and bonus structure. · ~8: ...