About Vijay Patel:
I am truly passionate about technology with work experience of 3+ years in IT and 10+ years in the Financial and Logistics industry with a wealth of transferable skills. A fast learner, believes in continuous improvement, and highly adaptive to change. Currently undertaking additional training in Cloud computing-related courses (AWS, Azure, DevOps, Terraform, and Python).
Aug21 - current Exertis UK (Raunds)
Role: IT Service Desk Analyst
- Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support – remotely via Teams, Quickassist, RDP & in person
- Desktop Administration / Support Tasks
- Use standard ITIL Methodology to analyze and streamline existing business processes
- PC laptop Build/configuration, Installation and asset management
- Setting up label printers and laser printers on network and maintain it.
- Basic Server Administration
- AD User Creation, Amendment, Deletion, Assignment, Group policy, security groups
- Escalate calls if the problem is more complex
- Setup and support Tablets, mobile phones, Avaya and NEC phones
- Administration of Paxton Net2 access system
- Administration in O365(including migration and licensing)
- Software deployment and support where possible
- Good working knowledge of imaging PCs and Laptops
- First point of contact for the whole site of about 100 odd users
- Tech worked on Manage Engine, O365, AD, AAD, Windows server 2012, Microsoft Exchange, Avaya,
NEC, Sonicwall VPN
- Administration of Identity and access management via OKTA (SaaS)
May21 - Jul21 Next PLC (Enderby)
Role: IT support(contractor)
- Provide 1st line technical support, answer support queries via phone, and self-service.
- Log all calls in the call logging system (Service Now) and ensure all incidents are kept up to date with clear and concise incident details
- Take ownership of user queries from beginning to end
- Allocate more complex calls to 3rd line support teams
- Liaising with engineers and third-party companies.
- Keeping users up to date with the progress of incidents.
- Keeping systems teams and management aware of issues.
- Helped users to setup home telephony working devices like Polycom and Cisco Meraki devices
- Tech worked on ServiceNow, Google G Suite, RACF/Mainframe, Active Directory, Citrix XenApp/Director, Microsoft Exchange, and Next internal applications
Jan19 – July20 Arialife, Dubai (Remotely working)
Role: AWS Cloud support
- Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services like Compute, Network, Storage and Identity & access management.
- Hands-on Experience in configuration of Network architecture on AWS with VPC, Subnets, Internet gateway, NAT, Route table, and also with EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, IAM, SQS, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation and Autoscaling.
- Responsible for ensuring Systems & Network Security, maintaining performance and setting up monitoring using Cloud Watch. Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage, etc. to take recommended actions for better performance
- Managed roles and permissions of users with the help of AWS IAM. Configured AWS Multi-Factor Authentication in IAM to implement 2-step authentication of user's access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users, groups, defining roles, policies and identity providers.
- Configured STS for providing 3rd party authentication life Azure AD, SAML2.0, Web identity Fed like OAuth
- Included security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IPs to ensure a safe area for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Consult with various application areas to integrate authentication processes with the enterprise standards
- Fully support the deployment of Single Sign-on technology throughout the enterprise from systems design through operational turnover
- Establish work flows and processes to effectively and efficiently manage the identity lifecycle for employees, contractors, business partners, and consumers
- Worked on Jenkins to implement CI/CD processes
Jan16 – July16 Momenta Holdings PLC (Lloyds PPI Project, London)
Role: Quality Checker
- Conducting case-level reviews to ensure the complaint handling process is producing consistently fair outcomes for customers.
- Ensuring proper customer Identification process and due diligence in ensuring that customers have been properly identified before payment is made.
- Responsible for solving a variety of complaints with a complex nature across a range of Credit Cards, whilst maintaining a diarizing system to ensure cases were completed on time without compromising quality
- Case checking to ensure excellent customer service and resolving complaints at the first point of contact according to business standards and industry best practices with respect to the principle of Treating Customer Fairly (TCF)
Aug14 – Dec16 Momenta Holdings PLC (Lloyds PPI Project, London)
Role: PPI Case handler
- Handling customers’ complaints and complex queries within an agreed timeframe.
- Assessing the eligibility and suitability of PPI claims and making decisions on whether to uphold or reject customer claims.
- Ensuring customers are updated at all times, which will include written and verbal communication
Feb13 – July14 Nationwide Building Society, Moulton Park
Role: PPI Complaint Logger
- Log customer complaints into the system
- Gathering data, analyzing and verifying customer’s case documentation
- Issue relevant customer correspondence via letter
Dec12 – May14 Angard Agency
Role: Temporary worker for Royal mail
Aug12 – Nov12 C.BUTT LTD, Lutterworth
Role: 4PL Planner for ASDA-Walmart
- Planning the daily deliveries within the ASDA network nationwide.
- Check the daily plan to ensure that all runs can be completed legally within driver’s hours legislation.
- Manage proof of deliveries ensuring these are returned to the site to meet the KPIs.
- Participating as one of the individuals providing 24/7 support and advice to other C Butt locations throughout the 4PL network
- React promptly and with confidence to ad hoc requests and sudden changes
- Collate data onto spreadsheets to provide weekly reports to the senior planner and commercial manager.
Jan11 – Aug12 DX Secure, Northampton
Role: IT Help Desk
- Providing 1st line technical support, answering support queries via phone & email to 1500 users across 60 sites in the UK
- Remote administration and management of equipment.
- To log & prioritise system & user support calls for the second line support team.
- Carrying out user administration and set up.
- Rolling out the operating system and software deployment via System Center Configuration Manager (including antivirus and other such security products)
- Using remote control software tools to provide fault resolution and diagnosis.
- Creating and administering Microsoft Exchange email accounts
- Documentation and maintain Helpdesk policies and procedures.
- The update and maintenance of the IT service desk authorised the user's database.
- Track, monitor, and report on all Help Desk incidents within defined customer service levels.
- Provision, deploy, manage and support existing MDM environment
- Schedules and perform VMware installations, patching, and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established client’s SLA and procedure
- Design installation, management, and routine upgrades of VMWARE infrastructure
- Technologies worked on are Windows Server, VMWare, Citrix, and Cisco.
AWS Solutions Architect Certification
Professionals in the same Technology / Internet sector as Vijay Patel
Professionals from different sectors near Northampton, Northamptonshire
Other users who are called Vijay
Jobs near Northampton, Northamptonshire
Jobheron Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom £50,000 - £80,000 per year
An experienced Electrical Project Manager with at least 3 years of project management experience is needed to join the team at this leading electrical design and build company based in Aylesbury on a ...
Maidwell Hall Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom £30,000 - £40,000 per year
Office Senior Administrator Salary: · £16,167.28 Hours: 27 hours per week, 32 weeks per year plus 3 weeks Contract : Permanent We are excited to offer a fantastic opportunity for an experienced admin ...
Found in: SonicJobs Direct Apply UK - 2 weeks agoDirect apply
Akkodis Northampton, United Kingdom Full time £40,000 - £60,000 per year
Finance Systems Analyst - Oracle Fusion · Fife -on site 2/3 days a week · **Relocation package on offer for the right candidate** · 56,000 · I'm working with a world renowned organisation in Fife who ...